Quantcast

Milk Chocolate Trail Slayer

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Thanks. Yeah, I thought about going retro, but I dig how simple, light, and strong the new stuff is. I really wanted to get the new Mosh Steet Bars that have the sticker that looks like the old Vision Street Wear logo, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Or, if they had some chrome lumberjacks or classic dirts... I would have thought hard about that.

Yeah, I'm not sure on the trailmix pedals, yet. I've only ridden a little street so far. The platforms seem really big, which is kind of cool. I haven't noticed the pins being that tall, but maybe I will when I'm trying to move my feet around on the dirt.

Thanks for the info on the chain and tires. That's still a work in progress. I'll figure something out.

And, man, you guys are making it sound like I'm abandoning the two sixes. As long as I have room in my car, I'm bringing both bikes everywhere I go.... unless something crazy happens like tiles is talking about.

Even when I was racing bmx, my cruiser was always my favorite. :biggrin:

i think you will stay riding and loving both. especially if you ride dirt..even though i ride mainly street i still love riding my 26er.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
yeah you will pretty much stop riding your 26 cru. a dialed 20 rocks. i havent touched my fall guy since i got my 20 last month. i need to egt it running again

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
First action shots...

Spine

So, I've ridden it for two days. One day at the park, one day at the trails. So far, I'm really diggin' it for park. It just feels like it fits so much better in the transitions. It felt good on the trails, too. But, I was at a new spot I had never been to before and I felt way more comfortable on the 2sixes. I think it will take some time to feel really comfortable hauling ass on little wheels at the trails.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Do you find it relativly easy to switch between them both for runs?
Yeah, it's not bad at all. As soon as you start rolling your body remembers what bike it's on. And the "cockpit" size between my two bikes feels really similar, which is exactly what I was aiming for in this size of frame.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i rode trails on 20s for like 6 years, took a year or two off and moved up to 26s. i really yearn for a 20 again though that would fit me like they did when i was much younger.

might have to build another one up with a retarded long toptube and some big s&m slams, i used to love my huge haro hammerhead bars

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Thanks for the good words. Yeah, I'm stoked on it for sure. I don't know if it will become my favorite. I love my Simple. But, I know it will be fun to switch it up with this. Plus, I think it will be good for my skillz. I picture it similar to how basketball players practice shooting through a smaller rim.

I was actually thinking about hitting up sheep in the morning/early afternoon and then heading over to the HIV.
When I was riding motocross I used to train on a KX 125 but race on a YZ 426f. I trained on the smaller, lighter bike because it was twitchier and made me a much faster rider. The idea here is that the 125 teaches you to have more control and ride more aggressively because it's so small it forces you to address each and every obstacle as opposed to using raw engine power to stay upright.

This technique is used by a lot of pro's.