Milk Chocolate Trail Slayer

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track

Mutiny Burlish - 21.5
Odyssey Classic Dirt Fork
Profiles
Odyssey Lite Cassette V3 Rear Wheel (Hazard Lite rim)
Front wheel - not sure, picked up cheap at LBS, I think it's the stock front that comes on Fit completes
Lumberjacks
Premium Sub 10 Stem
Odyssey Trail Mix Pedals
Kink Slim Seat
Odyssey Evo 2 Brakes

Changes in the near future: A half link to slam the rear. Lighter/better tires.

25 lbs even right now.

I'll be switching time between this and the big wheels. Straight up trails, son!!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
ohhhh dang! so nice dude. you are going to really dig that bike and I guarantee it's all you'll be riding very soon!

those peds are interesting, I expect a full report back on your thoughts on everything. :)

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
love the color homes, my Fly Mosca is similar in color to yours.
the build is solid, you will like it. One thing for us older fellows i will suggest to protect your wrists, either with tape or a wrist guard, you wont have the cushiness of a MTB fork. Maybe its just me but my right wrist has been getting worse lately.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Thanks for the good words. Yeah, I'm stoked on it for sure. I don't know if it will become my favorite. I love my Simple. But, I know it will be fun to switch it up with this. Plus, I think it will be good for my skillz. I picture it similar to how basketball players practice shooting through a smaller rim.

bring that thing down to the HIV and catch some full blown aids this weekend. and don't give me that "getting used to it" crap, you saw how long it took me to get used to mine...
I was actually thinking about hitting up sheep in the morning/early afternoon and then heading over to the HIV.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
cool. the half link should set you up proper. I've got mine dialed to get me a 14.25" (14" slammed) length, I'm really digging that.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I'm sure you know this, but there are some noobs out there that his might not dawn on....You can always just loosen the wheel, and pull the chain tight above and below the front sprocket. Wrap the chain around, and you can tell real fast exactly how long/short it needs to be, and whether you need a half-link.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, I did that and it was so close to making it that I tried it with one less link than is in there now. It actually fit, but was so tight I thought it was going to explode. I had to take the crank arm off to get the chain off. So, I added a link and ordered a half link.

I'm wondering if I had a chain shaped like the K710 chain if it would have worked. Don't those fit a little closer around the small drivers? When I get this chain super tight, I feel a little bump as it spins. Know what I mean?

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Traitor!
Nah, looks sick
All the 26ers are converting, maybe i should give it a shot. Buckle to the peer pressure...

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
bmx to mtb back to bmx = not a big deal
mtb to bmx = possible rude awakening
I used to think that, but it depends on the bike. I have only rode mt bikes and last winter for a few months I rode a friends BMX while my park bike was getting built up and it felt great. His bike was the only BMX I've felt comfortable on; if you get a bike that feels right to you its all good.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
very nice. we all know you will shred on it. are you going with some trail dedicated rubber?
Yeah, I haven't decided, yet. Maybe KHEs, or Rubens, or maybe even a Comp III up front. It's actually going to see a little park, too. But, I want it to be setup primarily for trails.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've heard the newer Comp III's are made different than the older ones and people seem to not like the newer ones as much. I don't think they are as fat as the older ones but I'm not sure.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Rad ride Cru.
didn't take you long to return to the roots there! I'm sure we'll see some sick stuff from you on that rig. ...but, surpised we didn't see anything retro from you though, I know you're thinkin' it, haha! No chrome frame or bars, or tuff up front or anything...

sb317, maybe you're thinking of the big atomlab 26" compIII repros... ? they are just heavy as hell. I've got a couple of the authentic mitsuboshi's for the 24" and I like them a lot as a front tire.

and man, those trailmix pedals come with some SUPER tall pins in them. I don't like it, may try to find some shorter ones for mine, or possibly just hit'em with a grinder.
I think you'd dig the fatty rubens for dj too. Not nearly as light as the KHE's, but more tread for the dust.
I've been running a 710SL with a single cheap half-link most of this past season and it worked great, but I keep getting a tight kink right at the cheap half-link. I'd suggest looking for one of the Wipperman/Superstar half-links, much better quality than most other's...
and it's nice with the KMC chains since they come with a quick link so you don't have to remove the cranks if your wheel is slammed just to get the chain off... just take out the quick link when it's on the sprocket and your chain will be off in a minute, no hassle. I think full half-link chains are dead.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Naw, I was talking about the 20" version. They fit skinny compaired to the older monster truck style (2.125) from what I've read. I have'nt seen a newer one in person though. I was just saying people seem to like the fatter ones more.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Rad ride Cru.
didn't take you long to return to the roots there! I'm sure we'll see some sick stuff from you on that rig. ...but, surpised we didn't see anything retro from you though, I know you're thinkin' it, haha! No chrome frame or bars, or tuff up front or anything...

sb317, maybe you're thinking of the big atomlab 26" compIII repros... ? they are just heavy as hell. I've got a couple of the authentic mitsuboshi's for the 24" and I like them a lot as a front tire.

and man, those trailmix pedals come with some SUPER tall pins in them. I don't like it, may try to find some shorter ones for mine, or possibly just hit'em with a grinder.
I think you'd dig the fatty rubens for dj too. Not nearly as light as the KHE's, but more tread for the dust.
I've been running a 710SL with a single cheap half-link most of this past season and it worked great, but I keep getting a tight kink right at the cheap half-link. I'd suggest looking for one of the Wipperman/Superstar half-links, much better quality than most other's...
and it's nice with the KMC chains since they come with a quick link so you don't have to remove the cranks if your wheel is slammed just to get the chain off... just take out the quick link when it's on the sprocket and your chain will be off in a minute, no hassle. I think full half-link chains are dead.
Thanks. Yeah, I thought about going retro, but I dig how simple, light, and strong the new stuff is. I really wanted to get the new Mosh Steet Bars that have the sticker that looks like the old Vision Street Wear logo, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Or, if they had some chrome lumberjacks or classic dirts... I would have thought hard about that.

Yeah, I'm not sure on the trailmix pedals, yet. I've only ridden a little street so far. The platforms seem really big, which is kind of cool. I haven't noticed the pins being that tall, but maybe I will when I'm trying to move my feet around on the dirt.

Thanks for the info on the chain and tires. That's still a work in progress. I'll figure something out.

And, man, you guys are making it sound like I'm abandoning the two sixes. As long as I have room in my car, I'm bringing both bikes everywhere I go.... unless something crazy happens like tiles is talking about.

Even when I was racing bmx, my cruiser was always my favorite. :biggrin:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i love my 20 but im keeping my fall guy. thing is still insanely fun. cru if you get new bars ill gladly take your lumberjacks off of your hands. the khe's blow up a lot it seems, try to shy away from them. i gto a new wheel and sprocket hooked up, im stoked