Quantcast

Millennium Falcon in action

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Hahaha, This picture reminds me when I sued to live in Ecuador, this was the only way to get to the top of the mountain, good times.......
This picture was taken south of the border, just not quite that far. Good times are always had in Ensenada, Mexico.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Been riding the moto a bunch lately, but decided to dust it off my trusty DH bike for a couple shuttle runs over the weekend. I've traveled quite a bit and have been involved in some sketchy shuttling operations, but this one takes the cake. 7 peope and 7 bikes in/on a Volkswagen Scirocco dubbed the "Millennium Falcon."

For the most part, we are our own enemies. Thanks to Christian and Co for bringing in the "crowd." Back in the day, you ask other locals nicely and explain why it ain't coo and they listen. Today, it's like a god-given right to all Dher now to do whatever they (we) want. If the trail shuts down, payback is going to be a bitter bitch.

rant off.

Aug 16, 2006
bottom left corner

For the most part, we are our own enemies. Thanks to Christian and Co for bringing in the "crowd." Back in the day, you ask other locals nicely and explain why it ain't coo and they listen. Today, it's like a god-given right to all Dher now to do whatever they (we) want. If the trail shuts down, payback is going to be a bitter bitch.

rant off.
Do you think anybody cares what you have to say after you put nails down on the trail? F-off. What about the stakes set up to stab a rider on the trail? Oh yeah, your barb wire? Go ahead Orvin...Deny it. Then we can call you a crybaby and a liar. You're worse than Bofus...I hope you flat on your own nails....

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory

rant off.
Where did this random bit of preaching come from?

Holy crap - and if you ARE guilty of ANY of the accusations from the post following yours, I cant begin to hate you enough. If I'm misinterpreting, OK, if not, you are a POS and should definitely go away.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
No More Booby Traps
Is that an asian dood on that pic?
Justin, if you're taking a stab at it, you know where I normally ride.

How about quit changing lines and sections? Cut your own trails, wait you guys already have. While you guys are at it, read up on Federal National Wildlife Preserve encroachment codes/regulations. Obviously, eyes are on ME as the easiest friggin target. So enjoy the shuttling while it last bec I ain't taking the fall by myself.

We all could get along if shuttling stops and not get the attention of the park manager and law enforcement. How bad of a bargain is it if the agencies are willing to "look the other way" if no vehicles use the road -thus bringing more people on the preserve? Why be typical bonehead downhillers?

I will be there Sat morning so come if you want to chat.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Do you think anybody cares what you have to say after you put nails down on the trail? F-off. What about the stakes set up to stab a rider on the trail? Oh yeah, your barb wire? Go ahead Orvin...Deny it. Then we can call you a crybaby and a liar. You're worse than Bofus...I hope you flat on your own nails....
I've seen rocks and sticks on landings but I see them ahead of time and take them out bec I hike the trail like we all have been since we were told not to shuttle that place 4 years ago.

Like I said, I will be there on Sat morning if you fellows would like to chat, beat me up or whatever.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I've seen rocks and sticks on landings but I see them ahead of time and take them out bec I hike the trail like we all have been since we were told not to shuttle that place 4 years ago.

Like I said, I will be there on Sat morning if you fellows would like to chat, beat me up or whatever.
ooohhh, I'm in! except you're asian so you probably know karate or kung foo...

It's too bad that when the warning has been sent by authorities that too many (young)people adopt the attitude of "ride it till it's gone because it's going to be gone anyhow" instead of trying to find a workable solution. That attitude will lead to all the places being gone.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
14 guys and 14 bikes on here. Unfortunately some had already been removed at the time of the picture. We just stacked them on top of the other bikes.

Justin12cent

Chimp
Apr 16, 2007
Since I moved here Ive been greeted with open arms into the SoCal mountain bike community. I have met so many great people and made some great friends from all over the country because of mountain biking. Ive never heard of, or encountered another mountain biker that would actually malicously damage local trails because other mountain bikers are riding the trail. Why didnt you offer this so called talk you want to have, before you took possible life threating measures (boobytraps) into your hands? I think talking things out face to face first would have been a better option. We could have and still can come to a more mature understanding. Messageboard rants are not going to get this anywhere!
I would much rather talk this out than type. Happy Trails

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
finally found a pic of the uplifts in indonesia:

12 bikes and riders. really neat system really.