Quantcast

Million Dollar Baby

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
manziman said:
I'm watching The Principal. That's a good one. Filmed in the town next to me..(they just made it look bad for the movie..the school itself is fine..)

Haha i just watched it on FX guessing u did too.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I might have to check that one out. My general opinion is that every boxing movie that can be made has been made, but I suppose I could be wrong.

The Terminal is about a guy waiting for somethign to happen, and thats exactly how I felt. Im usually not one to criticize movies for being too long or too boring, but Terminal did bore me.

Absolutely everyone should see Hotel Rwanda, fantastic.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
saw it just now. thought it was junk. sorry, skookum, i'm not taking your advice on movies any more! :D i also thought sideways was terrible so me and the critics don't agree either.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
TheInedibleHulk said:
Absolutely everyone should see Hotel Rwanda, fantastic.
You might want to read this book:

"We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families"

Stories from Rwanda

Philip Gourevitch

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
saw it just now. thought it was junk. sorry, skookum, i'm not taking your advice on movies any more! :D i also thought sideways was terrible so me and the critics don't agree either.
You're on crack...... :dancing:
i hope i left a fart in your movie seat cushion. :oink: ;)

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
TheInedibleHulk said:
I might have to check that one out. My general opinion is that every boxing movie that can be made has been made, but I suppose I could be wrong.

FYI-

This movie is NOT about boxing. It is about a boxer.

It is really about assisted suicide.

That is my stand about truth in advertising

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Must better that what I saw last night; "House of Flying Daggers"
"Hero" was much better, but still, the best one I've seen is;
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" And I'm not a big fan of these type of movies.

My brother-in-law has been in the boxing industry for over 20 years & he has real-life some stories, you can listen to him for hours talking about the boxing industry.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hawkeye said:
FYI-

This movie is NOT about boxing. It is about a boxer.

It is really about assisted suicide.

That is my stand about truth in advertising
man.... who farted in your seat cushion?
:dancing:

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Well if you put out a movie about one thing then it really is about something else, you would expect some people to be upset.

I am one of those people. If I wanted to see a movie about politics or being able to kill myself I would see Hotel Rwanda or the Jack Kevorkian story.

Hollywood needs to be held responsible for their advertising and not telling people what this movie is about on purpose so they can spew their political ideals at me is unacceptable. Therefore people should be informed of this movies dirty little secret so viewers can be informed about where they are going to spend their $9.50.

Be entertained see "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
yah and i should always put spoilers in my movie threads because people like you just can't help but do it.

Really, your whole perspective is skewed, i thought it was fairly impartial one way or the other on that issue. You suspiciously sound like you heard about the movie from another party who has a vested interest against assisted suicide. Have YOU even seen the movie?

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Yes, and it sucked. I hate the bait and switch. And that is what it is.

It's not like I told you "She's a He" That's what the movie is about.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hawkeye said:
Yes, and it sucked. I hate the bait and switch. And that is what it is.

It's not like I told you "She's a He" That's what the movie is about.
yeah. i felt manipulated by it. also decried its lack of cohesion and seemingly random editing choices. (why describe skin ulcers but not even mention retributions to the "evil chick boxer"?)

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dh girlie said:
I just watched Animal House all the way through for the first time...that was hysterical...
You watched that on VH1, too!? sweet. My fav part is where they go get the dates from the girl's roommate that had died..then they go to the black bar..so funny.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I saw million dollar baby tonight, I liked the first half, but after her accident, I knew how the movie was gonna end, it just took a while to get to it

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
.:Jeenyus:. said:
One more movie added to the must see list...er actually thats the only one on it right now :confused:
Add Cinema Paradiso to that list. Italian film I just saw last night. Amazing film, beautiful cinematography, funny, sad, great story.

The Terminal was good, I definitely like Tom Hanks. Actually I watched some of Forrest Gump today.

The Ito

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
"Ong Bak" was the best movie for the martial arts genre I've seen in a long time. The story was terrible, as was the acting, but damn if that guy knows his Muay Thai. And that's what we pay to get into one of those movies for, the actin. I practiced Muay Thai and am starting it up again, so that movie just motivated the hell out of me.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Toshi said:
Oh god, I hated sideways, that movie was SO TERRIBLE.

However, MDB r0x0red the casbah...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
manziman said:
You watched that on VH1, too!? sweet. My fav part is where they go get the dates from the girl's roommate that had died..then they go to the black bar..so funny.
OTIS.... My man!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: classic just bought it on DVD and they do a where are they now thing.