Quantcast

Minaar's Honda 4X bike (close-up shot, in the pits)

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Well, if he's sponsord by SRAM, then the Pike, Truvative cranks and guide and SRAM shifter/derail all make sense, but why does he have Hayes El Camino brakes and not Avid Juicy's? And that rear shock is really confusing me, I have no idea what it is.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
sleepinggiant said:
Well, if he's sponsord by SRAM, then the Pike, Truvative cranks and guide and SRAM shifter/derail all make sense, but why does he have Hayes El Camino brakes and not Avid Juicy's? And that rear shock is really confusing me, I have no idea what it is.
Not El Caminos. Formula Oro's i believe.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Wow thats sick, hopefully one day showa will grace the mtb public with their suspension

wide bars rule:dancing:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
TheMontashu said:
I'm sure it's a good frame. but it LOOKS like the bigist POS I have ever seen, that thing is UGLY
I concur with ya on that one. Aesthetically, the frame is not appealing to me at all and I am surprised to see that the bike is set up with a standard derailure and not the infamous internal gear box

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Ha ha ha,vertical shocks are so stupid like that. You land then the rebound poggoe's you back up again. Yeah tried a bit hard to make it look H-core.Over kill for a bad shock placement design,unless they're trying to perfect thier rebound or somethin whack.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think most people will agree that its an ugly bike.
Its just as ugly as about a year ago so I dont really get the whole purpose of this thread though...
And ugly or not, Ive seen him flying that thing like an f16 and after that the nickname "Big Air" didnt seem that stupid at all.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
no skid marks said:
Ha ha ha,vertical shocks are so stupid like that. You land then the rebound poggoe's you back up again. Yeah tried a bit hard to make it look H-core.Over kill for a bad shock placement design,unless they're trying to perfect thier rebound or somethin whack.
You obvious know a lot more about this stuff then the tech heads at SHOWA and Honda..
Why dont you give m a call and tell m how its done?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Kevin said:
You obvious know a lot more about this stuff then the tech heads at SHOWA and Honda..
Why dont you give m a call and tell m how its done?
Pfft go find some old magazines from 10 years ago and see how many companies(Cannondale,Dimondback) had that sort of vertical shock on swingarm set up. Like I said they may be using some full on dampening or something. Oh I should just stick with oh it's ugly,how constructive towards a stimulating conversation where I could learn something or share my knowledge or reminis or blah blah.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
no skid marks said:
I guess you know more then honda and showa combined huh?

Dumbass.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Whatever Parrot. I think you'll probably find they went for that set up steered by others patents or marketing. it is only small travell I'm sure so yes I conceed it matters probably little. But if you've not ridden something similar to that shock set up how can you argue my points?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
no skid marks said:
Whatever Parrot. I think you'll probably find they went for that set up steered by others patents or marketing. it is only small travell I'm sure so yes I conceed it matters probably little. But if you've not ridden something similar to that shock set up how can you argue my points?
Sure thing poncho.

I guess we know why you aren't a suspension engineer huh?

Do you even have any idea how many bikes i have ridden? Or that I have ridden exactly that sort of setup, as well as built and tuned shocks for a few large shock manufacturers?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
no skid marks said:
I know who you are and I work for Showa if I must disclose that info to you. We did not design the bike.
Ya, sure. I'll buy that.

:thumb:

Oh, and an edit just to be a smart ass:

no skid marks said:
So I'm getting a race link and was wondering how to get the shock set up and what weight spring to get.I'm 65kg and go fairly large,should I go with the setting that Brooklyn would suggest or have...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
no skid marks said:
Sooo, by your reasoning, the Ironhorse sunday, Giant DH, Yeti DH9, Chumba F4 among others all have crappy suspension designs just because the shock is placed vertically? You should quickly end your life and not post ever again.

"Big Air" is just cheesy, especially from a smart, seemingly intelligent guy like Minnaar.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
biker3 said:
"Big Air" is just cheesy, especially from a smart, seemingly intelligent guy like Minnaar.
I don't know why everyone has their panties in a bunch over the bike having his nickname plastered in the swingarm.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
no skid marks said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH seriously end yourself. Please.