Quantcast

Mind. Blown. Thread.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
In this episode of the podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Neil deGrasse Tyson about our place in the universe. They discuss our current understanding of extra-solar planets, the prospect that there is complex life elsewhere in the galaxy, the Fermi problem, the possibility that all advanced civilizations self destruct, how we can detect life on exoplanets, recent media interest in UFOs, whether a direct encounter with alien life would change our world, the flat-Earth conspiracy, the public understanding of science, the problem of political partisanship, racial inequality, and other topics.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Maybe they don’t have eyes that work like ours?
or eyes at all?
There's an excellent scifi book called "The journey of blind birds" written by a Czech author in 1960s about intelligent extra-terrestrials that illuminated their surroundings with radioactive metal inlays as their eyes were sensitive to those wave lengths. I don't think it was ever translated to English but I was loving those books as a kid.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego

Stephanie Matto, 31, made headlines around the world when she announced that she'd have to retire from selling her farts in jars after she says she was hospitalized while trying to keep up with the skyrocketing demand.
I just don’t understand why she didn’t take shit on the floor and bottle the air above it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Stephanie Matto, 31, made headlines around the world when she announced that she'd have to retire from selling her farts in jars after she says she was hospitalized while trying to keep up with the skyrocketing demand.
If she had an MBA she would have know that you when dealing with a fixed supply, you increase prices to mitigate skyrocketing demand. Amateur