Quantcast

Mini Cooper

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Anyone own a classic mini cooper ?

How do they do in the ride department ?.
I bet they are a blast to drive.Can't afford a new one,but would love a classic .

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bigdrop05 said:
Anyone own a classic mini cooper ?

How do they do in the ride department ?.
I bet they are a blast to drive.Can't afford a new one,but would love a classic .
the price of a classic has skyrocketed due to the popularity of the new ones...

as for ride quality it all depends on how beat the thing is... in top shape... the car will handle like its on rails, and is really roomy for how small a car it is...
My friend imports them all the time here is his site... I think you will find they aren't as cheap as we all would like... but he does have some nice cars... if you ever are interested in one he has I can look at it in person and give you an HONEST report!!!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Mini was my first car. Was a whole lot of fun. Watch for rust around the sills and A-frame area. Also the sub frames (front and rear - the mini had 2 mini-chassis rather than one) tend to rust too. Oh and the battery pod in the back. All dodgy areas. Basically they are prone to rust, but they are really fun to drive. Like a go-kart.

Advice: DON'T crash in it. You will come off worse, even if it's vs. a bush or something. I still have the scars from a fatal (for the car) argument with a fence and a powerline support wire.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Changleen said:
Mini was my first car. Was a whole lot of fun. Watch for rust around the sills and A-frame area. Also the sub frames (front and rear - the mini had 2 mini-chassis rather than one) tend to rust too. Oh and the battery pod in the back. All dodgy areas. Basically they are prone to rust, but they are really fun to drive. Like a go-kart.

Advice: DON'T crash in it. You will come off worse, even if it's vs. a bush or something. I still have the scars from a fatal (for the car) argument with a fence and a powerline support wire.
my first car too.

found it in thrifty nickel for $400.
got a 1275 from austin america
then it was real fun!
I drove it on a 3 week trip from NM
to VT then CO. took out the pass seat for
a bed. i could just strech out in there
on my board.

broke the rear sus ball socket in ohio
and had it welded. had some parts
sent to vt and put the new on one there
at the camp site.

drove it to interbiem in anaheim once.
was a super fun car to drive. till it demise

when i 14 kid driving his soms pickup
pulled out infrom of me and i ofcouse
swerved and missed him easlly, problem
was they don't go over curbs. trans tucked
back into the drives area and totalled it.
my winsheild and headlight rings were in the yard
and i was laying on the hood. i brused my heal
but was fine other wise. those 2 1/2 front drums
don't exaclly stop you quick.

my dad has two he is selling. black 1275 and tan 1000.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I would love to have a classic mini, something is so badass about those lights on the front. You would have to slam it to the ground (with stiff springs), run a skid plate and put some major soft compound tires on it. Can you say go cart? :devil:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
down the hill from my house, there's this house that has five mini coopers !!

two new s models.
two older original models.(one of which is british racing green with a union jack painted on the roof.
and one they don't "let out" very often. a light blue delivery van with the original british delivery co's. logo on the side panels. this thing is absolutely bad ass.

one of the newer ones is set up for auto cross. and it looks wicked, the way he's got it set up.

definately gets the award for best front yard in the neighborhood, when they're all out there.