Quantcast

mini dv cams

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
may not be the perfect place to ask, but you camera guys help me out.
i got a helmetcamera.com helmet cam with an AV input, is that a good setup?
i need a new mini dv cam which has an input(which can record what you watch on tv) that is the only option i need, along with a decent battery life..also a lifetime warrenty would be awesome.. any info on what camera would be good?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
habitatxskate said:
i got a helmetcamera.com helmet cam with an AV input, is that a good setup?
It's ok.

habitatxskate said:
i need a new mini dv cam which has an input(which can record what you watch on tv) that is the only option i need, along with a decent battery life..also a lifetime warrenty would be awesome.. any info on what camera would be good?
No manufacturer is going to give you a lifetime warranty on that kind of product.

You just need to use the camera as a deck so your cheapest bet would be to snag something off of ebay. If you're concerned about trashing the camera (they're more durable than many people think BTW) get one from Bestbuy and pony up for an extended warranty (ripoff, but some people use them).

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
habitatxskate said:
nvm they came out with a portable storage device the size of a wallet!
Which sucks BTW.

The video stream needs to be heavily compressed to store it on a solid state or hard drive "dvr" unit.

You'll be better off using a dv camera, assuming you're looking to capture the most easily edited, and best quality video possible.