Quantcast

Mini pumps

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BAH said:
Does anyone have one they like and recommend?
how mini are you talking?

I just picked up a new one, cause a friend had it, and I liked its features. It is called a Topeak Mountain Morph. it isn't the smallest thing in the world but it fits nicely in my Camel back! it has a flex tube, and a fold out handle, and fold out foot pad for ancoring it. at that point it is like a mini floor pump. The barrel is large enough that it pumps up the tires FAST!

here is the link to the ROAD MORPH, but the MTN. Morph is the same basic thing. I didn't see the MTN one on their site but you can find them pretty much anywhere!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a mountain morph and road morph. I prefer the road morph because it has a pressure guage. Both have been fine for over 5 years. As for what no to buy... I bough into the Crank Bros hype a few years back and got a Power Pump. When compared to the Topeak Morphs... its just difficult to use. It does look cool though. :monkey:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i third Topeaks.

Not only good pumps, but if you lose a little piece, you call them and they mail it for free they day you call. Good service.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
BAH said:
thanks for the feedback. So the only diff is that the road has a gauge?
I believe so, the mountain version may be a bit more compact but I can carry mine in my pack with no problem. The gauge is a nice feature and it is adverstised to pump a tire up to 120 psi which is real nice when you run out of cartridges on the road bike.

ArmySlowRdr

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
Killeen, TX
i have a cooks or is it cranks--i forget--brothers mini pump. It has always worked great. For my road bike I have a barbrei carbon mini pump-and it is sweet too.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
dont buy crank brothers, i've had mine for a while and it is a pain to fill up. it takes forever. thats just my experience

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I use a Specialized WindPipe. Real wide, good handle which can double as a tire iron, and very solid. The only negative is no cap on the pump head, but I keep the pump in my camelbak.