Quantcast

Mini-road trip time: suggestions?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
August 5, 6, 7, 8. Leaving from Danbury, CT. Looking to drive somewhere the 5th. Stop, camp, ride that afternoon and have long rides the 6th/7th. pack up and drive home the 8th before work that night...

Looking to keep drive time not crazy long. Short enough that I'd be able to ride after arriving...somewhere that first afternoon, assuming an early morning start.

Ideas? Long rides, technical wanted. A lift serve mountain wouldn't be a bad thing to hit for one of those days, but is not a requirement. Thinking to bring only the burly hardtail, but would bring the big squishy if lift served stuff is around, or maybe just bring both anyhow. Just hate leaving a bike somewhere when camping/out riding.

Yes, I've been to the Kingdom Trails, but would like something different, and more technical. I've ridden a bit in NH, VT, and MA when I lived in Boston a few years back. Preference to stay one spot and minimize overall driving, but hitting a different place each day isn't ruled out.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Thinking I may try around Killington, VT. Lifts run during the week, and seems like there would be enough non-lift stuff around the area to get me two other days of riding. I'm not a huge lift riding hucking guy, but like a hit of that once in a while.

Hunter and Plattekill aren't too far from me, but don't run the lifts during weekdays. I'm not averse to pedaling up/bombing down and doing laps for a day, but if there is a working lift....that's obviously a far better option.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
come to diablo! it would be perfect for you a nice ride down...and its much better than killington! and on ur way back up to ct you can stop at hunter or platty too! and the lifts at diablo are open everyday!

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
come to diablo! it would be perfect for you a nice ride down...and its much better than killington! and on ur way back up to ct you can stop at hunter or platty too! and the lifts at diablo are open everyday!
not a bad idea, but i can drive down and hit diablo nearly anytime. i'm wanting more of a one spot destination.

haven't been to killington/ridden that area before, so that's in the lead so far.