Quantcast

Minimum wage

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I just remind her my car was less than her closet full of handbags she doesn't carry anywhere ever and it takes me to work every day.
as long as you have a prenup....put those fucking things on ebay or set them on fire.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the $35 includes a beer, wash, and scalp massage. all the stylists are VERY easy on the eyes. and they give a damn good hair cut too.
a friend works at a salon and she asked one time why i never come to her place for a free haircut....i told her you are like a sister to me and i wouldn't want my sisters tits beating me about the head during a haircut....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
as long as you have a prenup....put those fucking things on ebay or set them on fire.
She is in the process. The Chanel bag her boss gave her is like $3k or some sh!t. The bags she bought are all Coach and are about $400/$800 a pop, mostly outlet purchases. When we were trying to find her Social Security card we had to go through all the bags she had. so I made inventory. Now she knows what she has and can sell 90% of them :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seems legit. As CEO you should get paid well, but it should be in relation to what others in the company make. But the basic concept is the idea if you pay people well, they are happy and want to do good work. If course this doesn't work for everyone, but it is a basic concept that can (and has been proven to) work quite well.
happy workers = people that want to stay = motivated workers = good efficiency and lower turnover. what a concept

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
happy workers = people that want to stay = motivated workers = good efficiency and lower turnover. what a concept
I know, right? The turnover rate and happiness ratings were to be expected (by me anyway, I have experienced that myself). People stay here because its stable. And it seems once you've been here 5+ years you basically know how to get out of doing anything but schedule and attend meetings and you float your day and collect a check.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
But it is difficult to predict and monetize, since American company's are typically led not by leaders, but ran via accounts with spreadsheet, the path of lowest calculated cost is taken.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I agree with the worker happiness part. I dont think he did it for that reason. I think he did it to get out of his lawsuit with his brother, his domestic violence with his wife, and to get publicity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree with the worker happiness part. I dont think he did it for that reason. I think he did it to get out of his lawsuit with his brother, his domestic violence with his wife, and to get publicity.
doing something right / good doesn't magically get you out of legal action.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I know, right? The turnover rate and happiness ratings were to be expected (by me anyway, I have experienced that myself). People stay here because its stable. And it seems once you've been here 5+ years you basically know how to get out of doing anything but schedule and attend meetings and you float your day and collect a check.
But if you pay them less, the public can get MOAR stuff at LOWER price. It's all about ME!

There are moochers in any system, including anyplace we have worked, AKA deadwood.

For anyplace I ever worked, including the Army, everything would have worked better, and it would have been cheaper, to pay a basic income to the deadwood so as not to have them in the way of what productive individuals were trying to accomplish.

Side note: Some of the worst deadwood I ever encountered were retired lifers.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are moochers in any system, including anyplace we have worked, AKA deadwood.

For anyplace I ever worked, including the Army, everything would have worked better, and it would have been cheaper, to pay a basic income to the deadwood so as not to have them in the way of what productive individuals were trying to accomplish.

There are some folks around here sitting on 20+ years of little or no production, but halt or prolong progression at any chance. Deadwood is a great term for that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

And after they retire, they get cushy federal government jobs because veterans preference.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If I didnt have something important to do, I would destroy you with some bigly words. I have the best words. Excellent words.

If i could only remember where I put them...