Quantcast

minnaar at the star

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Did anyone happen to see Greg Minnaar's race run today at Northstar? Pictures? I'm really bummed I didn't get to see the (currently) fastest dh racer in the world ripping down dogbone.

I am even more bummed I didn't just go up and say hi.
Instead I just stared at him at the water cooler.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Nah. He was getting a ticket when I was leaving.

Would have been nice to see him kill some sections that we all 'think' we're fast on though. :D
yeah. I didn't even get to see him ride at all. kinda bummed. didn't realize it was him until like 4:30 and he was just chilling at the water cooler tables.

i'm hoping someone caught him in action and can give a report. wonder why he was in the area. pretty cool though.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Did anyone happen to see Greg Minnaar's race run today at Northstar? Pictures? I'm really bummed I didn't get to see the (currently) fastest dh racer in the world ripping down dogbone.

I am even more bummed I didn't just go up and say hi.
Instead I just stared at him at the water cooler.
how is he currently the fastest racer in the world?

sam hill has the overall points lead and gee is the current world champ. . .
:cheers:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I know a guy who's next door neighbour's babysitter swears she knows someone who saw him riding.

Apparently he looked fast.

I'll find out more and let you know.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Well some ppl saw Gee and Sam riding but apparently Minar is so fast that no1 can spot him ;)

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I know a guy who's next door neighbour's babysitter swears she knows someone who saw him riding.

Apparently he looked fast.

I'll find out more and let you know.
Any updates?

Come on hurry up I can't wait any longer...

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Come on Damo,You can't say something like that and then leave them hanging.
What you all about :)

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca

from http://www.gregminnaar.com

Following back to back wins in the UCI World Cup, Greg Minnaar finds himself in the leader's jersey for the first time since 2005, and is the only man to have won two races this season.
Overall Points:
1. Greg Minnaar (RSA) - 792 pts
2. Sam Hill (AUS) - 770 pts
3. Gee Atherton (GBR) - 727 pts
4. Steve Peat (GBR) - 642 pts
5. Fabien Barel (FRA) - 434 pts

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Ok.

I talked to a guy, who knows this dude who was standing next to somebody who had overheard a guy saying he had heard from his nextdoorneighbour's babysitter that she knew someone who saw Minnaar riding.

It turned out to be false. It was just a cardboard cut-out of him standing next to a water cooler table.

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Oh oh oh, I saw him:happydance:. I rode the lift up behind him. Then I tried following him down, but he had 4 dudes blocking him so know one could near him(not like i could've gotten close enough)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I heard he was at Whiteface at 11am getting in a few 5k runs, Diablo around lunch shooting for the record on Alpine, then bunny hopping a Lexus at a car dealership in Austin, TX wearing a yellow wristband....so he couldn't have been at Northstar. Keep dreaming.:plthumbsdown:

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I don't even OWN pants.
Whatever. You parked next to me and you hung your man-pris on the antenna of my Dodge. Your skid marked underoos were in there as well.

Oh yeah, I was F'ing with you when you asked me about leaving that tire there. I recognized you but I knew you had no idea who I was.