Quantcast

Minnaars new competition from Yamaha...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
WTF, is that a pipe on the back? Thats cool, but wierd. If there is a motor at each wheel, how would they work together at the same exct rate?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
There's a WR450F "Viaje a Africa" 2 track thing for sale at my local moto shop. It's basically a WR450F but with a hose going to the front hub for two wheel drive. It's completely stock. I guess down in Africa you need two wheel drive for the hella gnar gnar stuff, like sand. I think Honda makes one too, I believe it's in the XR family. Here's a link to the Yamaha page: http://www.yamaha-motor.es/products/motorcycles/competition/competition_overview.jsp

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
I have the oportunity to ride a Paris dakar Rally modified Yamaha Two wheel drive WR450 for a few hours and also a "Secret Prototype" from another brand ussing the same Ohlins sistem with bigger displacement and I can tell you the ridability and advantage traction in losee terrain is impresive, specially in slippery surfaces Dohhh,, well Yamaha also have a R-1 with two wheel drive that is soppose to haul A^^.

anyway Ohlins (part of yamaha) is being working on this hydrolic sistem for about 10 years and the sistem is pretty much all work out or at least to a stage that makes it viable and a sound product to purchase even if for now they are far more expensive that the normal WR's.

PS: sorry i have fotos somewere but I can not find them to safe my life..

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm thinking about buying a WR450F next spring, as the crapbox I'm on now is pooched.
I'd love to get my hands on the dual drive setup...would be a totally new monster to drive, pulling you through corners!

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
bizutch said:
patineto....you the guy who writes those "fraudulent email scam" letters? :D
what do you mean....!?!?

I have no idea what you are taking about..

please explain, i'm the fardest thing from a scammer you will ever find,I have a Million pictures of my face and my bikes all over the place.

I have a Small design company with a exelent reputation plus a ton of contacts on the Highend adventure rally bikes.

bicycles are just something i really like and I'm being doing for a long long time,, maybe even before you were born and my work provide me with suffient founds to buy pretty much whatever i want,, ask around I made business (Buy, sale ,gift and trade) with many menbers around here with out any complains.....

just because my Ingles is poor does not mean I'm dishonest person.

so please don't start some chessy rumor that is totally out of context. anyway I consider your question RaCisT and completelly absent of any subtance plus is no place for this king of behevior on a public forum and No I don't find it funny at ALL..

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
patineto said:
what do you mean....!?!?

I have no idea what you are taking about..

please explain, i'm the fardest thing from a scammer you will ever find,I have a Million pictures of my face and my bikes all over the place.

I have a Small design company with a exelent reputation plus a ton of contacts on the Highend adventure rally bikes.

bicycles are just something i really like and I'm being doing for a long long time,, maybe even before you were born and my work provide me with suffient founds to buy pretty much whatever i want,, ask around I made business (Buy, sale ,gift and trade) with many menbers around here with out any complains.....

just because my Ingles is poor does not mean I'm dishonest person.

so please don't start some chessy rumor that is totally out of context. anyway I consider your question RaCisT and completelly absent of any subtance plus is no place for this king of behevior on a public forum and No I don't find it funny at ALL..
Well Bizutch, that joke went down like a lead balloon, didn't it? :eek: ;) :D