Quantcast

Minnesota riders - Monkey Trails?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
My buddy works for QBP and suggested that I come up and check out these trails. I did a basic search and came up with some sketchy pics, anyone have a good scene report, videos, pics of the place? I'm just not sure its worth a 4 hour drive when I could go to Chi and ride some fun stuff in less then two.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
those are the trails i started on, and still ride... ive been out for this season until a week ago due to hand surgery earlier this year. made it there for the first two times this year last week. ill be goin there tomorrow, ill try and remember to bring my cam to take some shots for you. some kids came thru and flatted out and hacked down some lips, but the "hookline" is still fun. ill be fixing it next week. i still haven't hit the big jumps, though ive ridden there for about 10 years. they're in unused shape anyway. im sure the long straight line could be ridden just fine. rode it lots last year, just not any this year since ive just been ungimped.

whos your friend at quality? im sure i know/have met him. if you made this thread last year i would recommend coming here no question. as is right now its just iffy. the small set is and has always been small, but it was fun last year. this year its just not boosty enough, as well as a few others like i said earlier

edit: heres footage of me at monkey.

Last edited:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
and of course pm me your info if you do decide to make the trip. im free monday and wednesday and if you wanna trade phone numbers for phonesex thats cool too

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
... if you wanna trade phone numbers for phonesex thats cool too
Oh for sure, I need a change of voices in that department :D

My buddy is Kyle Pucek. He was with UGP before being at QBP, he was with EVS before that. Lots of three letter complany names, sorta funny, but that dude has been in the industry for a while (even made the last Road Fools and a few issues of BMX Plus this last year, not for his skills but hes just a great gu and a clown).

Anyway, I have to check on a few things but if not this weekend I do plan to come up at some point. The trails look fun in your video, but I understand how stuff can go to poo if people aren't maintaining.

I'll holler at you if we are going to make it, but in talking to my buddy who just got back from doing shows in Africa, and leaves for Guatemala next week, he might just want to hang out close to home.