Quantcast

Minor automotive crap: aftermarket thermometers

Neither the Fit not the Express van have inside or outside thermometers.

I tried ginning one up back when I had the Astro van, just a cheap hardware store thermometer with the outside sensor strung through the door and hooked to the mirror - it was a persistent PITA - no sensible mounting, no lights...

Anybody know of a decent aftermarket inside-outside thermometer they could recommend?

Let the buffoonery commence.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glue vials of materials with known phase transition temperatures to the hood of your car. You can see the water is frozen and know it is below 32 F. Then look at the ammonia vial, if it is liquid you know it is below -28 F. If the ammonia vial is solid you know that you are pretty much fucked.

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
How can you rationalize knowing how hot and cold it is out of the doors. Inside those doors is delightful, I understand you have places to go but don't you know snow from rain and isn't planning safe travel something to do before getting behind the wheel. I sense you are blindly going into your garage looking at the mercury theater meter on the car window says warm enough to not be frozen and sliding down your road on black ice. I think you wear floral print shirts at middle school concert recitals and drink premixed fruit punch.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
How can you rationalize knowing how hot and cold it is out of the doors. Inside those doors is delightful, I understand you have places to go but don't you know snow from rain and isn't planning safe travel something to do before getting behind the wheel. I sense you are blindly going into your garage looking at the mercury theater meter on the car window says warm enough to not be frozen and sliding down your road on black ice. I think you wear floral print shirts at middle school concert recitals and drink premixed fruit punch.

Wut the wut?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He's just concerned that JBP is too old to be driving safely during inclement weather.

I'm starting to think I'm the only one on here who can understand PSP speak. Again this concerns me.

I wouldn't worry too much. Most of us are 4 to 5 severe brain injuries away from PSP, some just 2-3.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I wouldn't worry too much. Most of us are 4 to 5 severe brain injuries away from PSP, some just 2-3.
wut i have never hit my head my head my head
So that would imply that all those times you performed self Asphysia had little or no effect on your obviously impaired cognitive abilities? How exactly did you expose PSP to your condition enough that he became concerned with it. No I don't want to know.....

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The day after a really bad crash during a dh race run, a friend drove me to the ER. When the Dr. rattled off the list of my injuries he listed concussion as one of them. At that moment I remember going, " oh, so that's what that is ".