Quantcast

Minor complaint about Universal Cycles

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Just a heads up that maybe this isn't a bad seller warning but just a heads up to prospective buyers of Universal Cycles as they don't seem to adhere to listed policy.

I will state that I do like Universal's website. They actually list what they have in stock and where it is available as opposed to all the cookie cutter websites that list every single thing that BTI has and is impossible to navigate.

My complaint as minor as it is, is that Universal Cycles lists on their site that;

Midwest Warehouse

The Midwest warehouse is able to ship about 70% of the products we sell. Orders placed before 1:00 PM Central time are shipped the same day. Orders placed after 1:00 PM Central time are shipped the next business day. In-Store Pickup is not available at our Midwest warehouse.

So, I order from the Midwest warehouse yesterday and everything is in stock in Qty's of 10+ at this warehouse. As the invoice states Order Date: 2009-04-06 09:52:55 To clarify, that is 9:52AM. I also had shipping expedited because I'd like to get my new bike built by the weekend.

Well, the day goes by, and my order status says that the ETA ship date is 04/07. Now at the end of today, I finally get a status update and at around 6:30pm EST my status updates to "Shipped".

Am I nitpicking? Probably to a degree, but when you have a policy that states one thing, and your actions are otherwise, it is a bit bothersome. Especially when I expedited the shipping. Now my delivery should be here on Friday I hope, which leaves me little room for error with my build. I would be super ticked had I asked to overnight it.

So lesson learned on my part to call Universal if I decide to order from them ever again to confirm the shipping date, and also a heads up to others that you might also want to be as diligent to confirm the shipping date especially if you need something in a certain amount of time.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Sucks Dave, hopefully you see it Friday. I've had stuff like that happen before, I'm not sure if Universal is to blame so much as the carrier is maybe? Can you call Universal and verify the package was picked up by the carrier at the end of the day on the 6th? If so, then you know Universal wasn't to blame. That being said, I'm about 30/30 with Universal orders, by far my go-to online shop.

We riding soon or what?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Sucks Dave, hopefully you see it Friday. I've had stuff like that happen before, I'm not sure if Universal is to blame so much as the carrier is maybe? Can you call Universal and verify the package was picked up by the carrier at the end of the day on the 6th? If so, then you know Universal wasn't to blame. That being said, I'm about 30/30 with Universal orders, by far my go-to online shop.

We riding soon or what?
There in lies the problem. I like Universal, they actually have a legible website.

Unfortunately it wasn't the carriers fault. The day I made my purchase, it said online that the estimated date it would be shipped was the next day even though their policy stated otherwise.

I guess I just left a little too much faith in their online ordering system. Oh well. It's just aggravating more than anything. They seem to have their sh!t together, and one of the reasons I made the purchase was because of how clearly stated their delivery system and policy was.

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I thought this was a forum to slam scammers; what scam! My 2cents; if/when you have an issue/concern about shipping/delivery, send an email or pick up the phone and call Mike at Universal Cycles; he's never failed to follow up with on any issue I've ever brought to his attention.

I ordered a set of 2009 Race Face Rally FR pads before the Fluidride Cup. I checked the order the next day and realized there was a mistake; they were shipping the DH pads. In addition, when I received confirmation of my order, it appeared the shipping / delivery date was not going to get the pads to me before I left for Port Angeles:disgust:.

I wrote to Mike and explained the problem; he called and left messages assuring me he would straighten out the order and arrange shipping so I would receive the pads in time. Sure enough, I got the pads on Thursday and took them with me to PA:clapping:.

They do a huge volume of business at Universal Cycles; what impresses me, is their quality customer service; they have always done right by me:monkeydance:.