Quantcast

Minute 1 vs. MX pro

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Here's the deal; I twisted my X-vert air at Snowshoe on the MtnX course. I'm riding a Haro Werks XCS for MtnX and some XC riding. I'm racing sport class this year and barring any injuries plan on moving to expert next year. I'm having fun but the fork is AFU and I don't want to risk it failing at the wrong time. The wheel is off center, brake rubs and the crown isn't straight.
I'm @ 190# and am not afraid of casing jumps on the course. I don't do much DJing so it won't get that kind of abuse. My son has a DJ1 on his bike. I like the feel but it's heavier than my frame.
Can anyone racing on either of these forks give me a little input. How does the SPV feel on a starting gate? Is the adjustable travel really useable? How is the torsional stiffness of each fork? I have a Shimano hub I can convert to a nutted axle. Will that help?
I'm not worried about the price difference, my LBS takes care of me.
TIA

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
the MX Pro would be a good choice. I had one, and loved it. You might also want to look at the Fox Float series. It would be good for 4X (very light).The MX feels very good, though.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
hucker13 said:
the MX Pro would be a good choice. I had one, and loved it. You might also want to look at the Fox Float series. It would be good for 4X (very light).The MX feels very good, though.
I thought about the Fox talas. And I still am. Big problem is I won't get a deal on it.
I demo'ed an Intense 5.5 at Snowshoe and I can't remember what fork it had. But I remember thinking the bike as a whole would make a good MtnX bike.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Well, I made the big plunge and ordered a Minute1 from the shop today. It should be installed by the time I get back from a week long BMX trip.
I can't wait :dancing: