Quantcast

Minute 2 SPV Question

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Does anybody know how many turns in you can go on the SPV volume adjuster? I wanted to find the range so I started turning the nut in but the socket provided bottomed out on top of the Schraeder valve before the nut stopped turning. I can't find anything on this in the manual or the Answer web site

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I have a skareb with spv, and I still haven't found how low it goes. Probably until the chamber volume = 0. My lbs has a setup card for spv suspension components that says to setup the fork to your liking, then, if your bottoming the fork out, turn the nut in until you bottom no more.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
The red "nut" goes down pretty far. Probably has 20 or so full turns to it before it bottoms. I'm guessing it will drop a good centimetre and a half? I use a deep 5/8" socket from Sears. I think it's a 5/8s. I had a faulty adjuster and I have it as a decoration in my shop. I took it to Sears to size up a socket. It is supposedly a metric size 14mm? But some imperial is close enough to metric to work and that fit fine.