Quantcast

Mirrored lenses for Crowbar Mx's

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
I've been using the same goggles for biking and snowboarding for a while. I recently broke my last pair of goggles and ordered a pair of Crowbar Mx's with Gold Iridium lenses. The lenses came and they don't block very much sun and don't really cut down on glare. Does anyone know where I can get some mirrored lenses for them? I know they exist (Bryn Atkinson was wearing a pair on the cover of Decline a few months ago).

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
I'm just a little skeptical. The Gold Iridiums on there look pretty legit but are more of a cross between persimmon and yellow in real life (with no mirror).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The gold irridium is the darkest they make for MX lenses (23% transmission. Black is 25%.) The problem is they are both contrast boosters.

If you check the snow ones, you may be able to find some darker lenses, but not sure is the snow crowbar lenses fit the mx crowbar lenses?

edit: Black irridium snow lenses are 18% and the fire irridium snow lenses are 16%. Not sure if they fit in the mx goggles though and they are MUCH more expensive (but fog less).

VR 28 is your best bet, 14% transmission. It will be dark as hell in the woods though.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Yeah the snow lenses are crazy expensive. I always wondered if they would fit too. Send Oakley and email, they could answer you 100% or go by a shop and see if they fit.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You really should consider getting a separate pair of goggles for snow and dirt. You will be happier with both.
Snow goggles scratch easily in the mud and mx goggles are cold and fog in the winter.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
You really should consider getting a separate pair of goggles for snow and dirt. You will be happier with both.
Snow goggles scratch easily in the mud and mx goggles are cold and fog in the winter.
I'm going to stick with one pair of goggles if I can. The pair I had fogged less than the snow goggles I had before them and I never noticed them being cold. As for the rest of the suggestions, I have blue and clear lenses for summer (dh) but park days are almost blinding right now (snow). I don't want to sound like a douche, but I'm not exactly looking for suggestions. I just want to know if anyone knows where to find the mirrored goggles I've seen others in.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
The MX snow and dirt lenses aren't interchangeable.

I know you can get the Fire Iridium for the MX goggles, uncertain about the other darker colours.