Quantcast

Misc Pics

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Me. Jumping little rollercoaster. It is good to finally be back riding DJ's again, I broke my ankle in Dec and have not been at it. The new bike is taking a little time, but the Avalanche is there to save me:p

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was curious to see what was going on at TRU lately. Is everyone still riding there or has it been shut down?

BTW the cranks on that V10 look tiny. :p

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
whats up profo. no it hasn't been shut down yet. The jumps are a lot bigger sence u left and more lines, but that had to stop. hey I was wondering when u and squasher were coming down
O and one more thing congratulations on the maxxis deal.

thoughs cranks 165.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There is an outside chance I might be in Austin for a National INstruments conference in August. If so I am definately bringing my jumping bike. I miss TRU.

I have started building my own version and right now I'm the only cat digging. That's okay, that way I don't have to build little jumps. :devil: But its un-nerving jumping one for the first time. I'm so stoked but I'm not sure if I have the lip and distance right. So far its been good. Among others, I have a real cool 15-16 foot step down followed by a jump that is close to the jump over the berm on lefty. Maybe a little more lippy. I'm finishing the lander. I can't wait to hit it. As soon as I have some pics, I post them.

Have fun guys...

RAcErX336

Chimp
Sep 21, 2002
Allen, Texas
damn, what did brand do with his orange? Anyone got his email? Im gonna send him one tonight but Im not sure if I got it on my comp at home or not.

- Andrew

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Wrong Brad. You are thinking of Brad Flynn. The picture is of Brad Taylor.

I know Flynn wants to sell hit Big Hit, but I think he still wants to hold on to the Orange.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
OH!OH! I see what you mean. You sure the metal of the frame is actually CRACKED there? Cause I know those typa gussets are ONLY welded on the sides (my brooklyn is that way) to allow for some very minor play with the gusset where you see the paint chipping, otherwise had they welded it around your red highlight the gusset would do more damage to the tube than reinforcing...
My brooklyn's paint has also chipped at that same curve you highlighted, I think it's from a normal tiny but of movement of that gusset against the top tube, which is why it's only welded around the sides.

Am I completely off????

Christian -

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Christian,

You are right on.

I am not totally sure that it is cracked on the metal, but it does seem to look like a minor crack is forming below the gusset on the metal. It just does not look like a paint crack, and it is as noisy as hell now. I can not get enough light to take a good picture of it and my flash cancels it out...

Thanks for all of you feedback, I hope it is just paint.

Chris

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Gordizzly's finger from El Paso. I think he was trying to put it somewhere it did not belong... and Claybia's you know what did not like that..