Quantcast

Missing - Kevin Dudek

BoulderCop

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
I'm hoping for one of those great internet coincidences. I am a Boulder Police Detective. Part of my job involves investigating Missing Person cases, which brings me here.

Kevin Dudek left Lincoln Nebraska on May 17th with little more than his Mountain Bike. He was driving a white Chevy Lumina. His friend's think he's just someplace in the Boulder/Denver area, handing out and riding the trails.

His family is concerned for his safetly/welfare and have put up more information and pictures at http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/index_files/page0021.htm

If you think you've seen him around, shoot me a pm.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BoulderCop said:
I'm hoping for one of those great internet coincidences. I am a Boulder Police Detective. Part of my job involves investigating Missing Person cases, which brings me here.

Kevin Dudek left Lincoln Nebraska on May 17th with little more than his Mountain Bike. He was driving a white Chevy Lumina. His friend's think he's just someplace in the Boulder/Denver area, handing out and riding the trails.

His family is concerned for his safetly/welfare and have put up more information and pictures at http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/index_files/page0021.htm

If you think you've seen him around, shoot me a pm.

This case ever get resolved...???

:confused:

BoulderCop

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
No resolution yet. Like my first post, pretty much grasping at straws and hoping for a little help.

Kevin's 27 and used to have good job, so the disenchanted kid on the street profile doesn't quite fit. More like an early mid-life crisis.

juniorsR1

Chimp
Jul 3, 2004
Look, I'm not sure how this whole website here works for sure, but anyway BoulderCop, thanks for your help and as for "Grasshopper" & "Chimp", this is a friend's little brother we're talking about, there is truly no need to be a smartass about ANYONE missing. I found out tonight that yes, he was found, & no he is not alive. This is not a bunch of bull****, no thanks to people like yourselves making a big joke of it, he was found at the bottom of a lake near Las Vegas from what I'm told from another friend of the family. Once again BoulderCop, thanks for your help, & as for you other two, no thanks for your wisecracks.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
im very sorry for your loss, as for fartman, ignore him, he's just an asshole. when did you find out about this unfortunate happening?

BoulderCop

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
JuniorsR1,
I was hoping that this website would help find Kevin safe and sound in Colorado. As with most web forums, you'll find helpful, kind people who will do amazing things for strangers. You sometimes see the most amazing connections and coincidences. Unfortunately that did not happen in this case. I'm sorry for your loss and sorry that you have to endure the callousness of others on top of your loss. That's another part of the whole web forum world.

Chicodude01, I got the call yesterday letting me know about Kevin's death. I don't know any more details than juniorsR1 posted.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
flatulant_man said:
right. a kid runs away from home to live on the Denver streets (real comfortable) and ride? real reasonable, and totally believable.
dude Henry, I cant beleive you said that. This isn't a joke. How would you feel if your brother went missing and someone said that to you?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
big boy said:
dude Henry, I cant beleive you said that. This isn't a joke. How would you feel if your brother went missing and someone said that to you?

Seriously...Why would you even make a comment if that is all you could think to say?

JuniorR1 I am sorry for your loss...

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
flatulant_man said:
right. a kid runs away from home to live on the Denver streets (real comfortable) and ride? real reasonable, and totally believable.
We should have an official idiot of the month award.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
im writing to post an appologie. i was out of town for the news of Kevin's death, but i would like everyone to know that i am truly sorry. i simply didn't find it believable that a guy would take off for denver with naught but his bike. to everyone that cared about Kevin, i appologize, and didn't mean to offend you. i'm sorry

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
flatulant_man said:
im writing to post an appologie. i was out of town for the news of Kevin's death, but i would like everyone to know that i am truly sorry. i simply didn't find it believable that a guy would take off for denver with naught but his bike. to everyone that cared about Kevin, i appologize, and didn't mean to offend you. i'm sorry
that's very cool of you to post that.

Just so you know, others thought the same thing... we've seen so many internet hoaxes that it's hard to believe the truth when it's posted, especially when said poster is new (three posts) and posts a link to an unknown website.

I'm not sure why people think it's so funny/interesting/whatever to make up stories like these, but people do... too often. In fact, I found no information in google about this story and I wonder how juniorsR1 found his way to this site to post the update. I still question the authenticity of this story. Before you get pissed at me for saying that, you should be more upset at all the fake stories that make me question one potentially true.

If this story is indeed true, then I feel horrible for the family. My brother was found dead in his apartment -- no, I won't go into it -- and finding out a loved one is dead from unusual circumstances is a serious shock to any family. Does anyone have any information as to why the guy took off from home and how he wound up dead?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
LordOpie said:
that's very cool of you to post that.
In fact, I found no information in google about this story and I wonder how juniorsR1 found his way to this site to post the update.
:confused: Apparently you didn't do a google search for "Kevin Dudek" :confused:

bummed

Chimp
Jul 10, 2004
I wanted to post an update to BoulderCop's original post regarding Kevin Dudek as a missing person. I am family to Kevin and I am the one that contacted the Boulder police department asking for help. The family does thank them for everything they did to help us.

First I would like to say that although some of you thought it was unreasonable that someone would run away to live on the streets of Denver and ride their mountain bike - we know Kevin - we know how much he loved the mountains and we know that he loved to ride the trails out there. We also know that he knew the area, as him and some friends take an annual ski trip to the area - he also has friends living in the area. Our goal was to reach as many people as possible when we found out he was missing.

Second, I also would like to warn everyone how hard it is to get help in locating a missing ADULT. In Nebraska "you can run away and hide once you are 18". We had the local police department do a welfare check - when that proved not to find him we listed him as a missing person. If you are an adult they cannot make you come home, nor can they make you contact your family. We were told right from the start that all they could do is enter him into the system and if he would be pulled over the authority would question him - if he was willing to let them - and if he answered the questions correctly they would tell him he had been reported as missing and please call his family and he would be released.

Luckily, the local paper ran a story about Project Jason during our search - they helped us tremendously. They had his missing person poster posted on the internet the night I contacted them.

I also want to thank JuniorsR1 - for those of you wondering how he found your site - probably the same way we did - we did a google search and lo and behold there it was. How hard is it to sign up and start posting? I managed to do it which means anyone could! The google search I did not only showed me this site - I found his missing person report and numerous other locations where a "Kevin Dudek" had been posted on the internet. It was more popular of a name than we knew.

Kevin was found on June 13th floating in Lake Mead, Nevada. The cause of death has been ruled a drowning. The family was notified on July 1st as it took a while to identify the body. We really don't have many more details - we are still hoping to find answers.

Thank you for letting us post on your site.