Quantcast

missing titles, Washington, questionable ownership? NBR

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
I've got a dilema. A local guy is selling this sick little motorcycle, a 1982 Honda MB5- fairly rare, 50cc 2 stroke, street bike, 5 speed, will do 55mph, disk brake, super good condidtion, 800 miles, only imported in 82'. Any way he claims to have had the thing for over ten years. He was working a job for a company and they bought out a marina somwhere in the Pugeot Sound and he ended up with it, he has no title or official bill of sale from his boss at the time. In the side cover is an insurance policy card dated 1982 in the state of Michigan, the thing has no licence plate either. The guy who has it never bothered registering it because hes only ridden it around the pits while sprint car racing. Has anyone ever dealt with this type of situation? Its pretty much worthless without any papers, and too much liability if I buy it and try registering it and it comes up stolen- no more MB5 for me! I really want this thing but it really seems to be a pain in the ass trying to jump through these government hoops trying to track things down. Id have the thing right now if he had a title, but ... I guess I could offer $150, he wants $500 and really has no idea what he has- an MB5! any ideas? any of you people have the title? :p

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
I called the state patrol, and he ran the vin in washington and in michigan and nothing came up. He then told me to call the Clallam county sheriff, who told me to go talk to the DOL, which is the first place i went. Funny how no one wants to help, but when im pulled over it will be a big deal.