Quantcast

Mission Ridge Conditions?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Hey does any know what the conditions are like up at Mission Ridge and Devils Gulch? Is most of the snow up top gone or is it still there? Also any links that have current conditions? Thinking of heading over there this weekend cause it looks like the weather will be better over there than here.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
theFOOT said:
is it mostly xc up there pr is there dh trails?
Depends on what you consider dh.

Off the backside on the Mission Ridge side there's a pretty tough dh trail that i see people taking their big bikes off of (beehive trail?) ask the local bike shops around there. Also there is some burly stuff up on Icicle Ridge in Leavenworth from what i hear. Plus there's a nice gap jump out at Sage Hills right above Wenatchee plus some other fast flowy goodness, but you gotta pedal for those, no shuttle.

The second part of Mission Ridge actually has some fun steep descents up on the ridge itself, but it's always followed by a climb. Just like Tanuem Ridge it really can kill you if you're not in shape. But the first part of Mission is prime and then you can hang a left and finish with Devils Gulch. 99% descent, no steep stuff, not really techy, alot of exposure though and fast and fun. That would be the best shuttle route if you were to shuttle it. XC to FR bike would be fun, not having gears and massive koosh on a real DH bike might take all the fun out of it.

over 3500 feet of descent in 12 or so miles.... off the top of my head.