Quantcast

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
All I can say is what an idiot!

There is no doubt she made millions when she was a MTB icon back in the 90's, why would she get herself mixed up with this crap?

The feds don't have early release and are usually pretty tough with sentancing so I am sure she will do the 60months.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
But 480 months is MORE than 60 months, right? And she agreed NOT to appeal any sentence over 60 months? Am I being a total dumbass here or is that a typo?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But 480 months is MORE than 60 months, right? And she agreed NOT to appeal any sentence over 60 months? Am I being a total dumbass here or is that a typo?
That's generally how plea bargains work.

edit: I think it's a typo in the article. Generally when someone agrees not to appeal something, prosecutors will not push for the max sentence.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
What it should say is that she accepted a plea deal where the maximum sentence is 60 months.

I am sure the legal document does say exactly what the reporter wrote but that kind of legal lawyer jibber jabber is confusing to people like us who ride around on funny looking bicycles.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's generally how plea bargains work.

edit: I think it's a typo in the article. Generally when someone agrees not to appeal something, prosecutors will not push for the max sentence.
it probably is a typo since its full of it...like it says she was arrested last year, but then says this past june

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bwahahahahaha.....a mountain biker making millions.....riiiight
back when missy was still one of the pro's to beat... there was actually a chance that happened.

Just to clarify - she may have made a few mil over her career, but prob not in a single season.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I think Eric Canori-(looks like the big guy the feds really want)- is going to trail and hoping to drop charges for illegal search and seizure. If he is off the hook, she is off the hook. I think that is rumor I heard

I think the plea wanted Missy to spill what she knew about others above her. She really only seems to be a driver-from what I have read, and an organizer.
Anyhow, everyone in biking has always claimed Missy lived a clean, drug free life. Why she got involved in this is a mystery. She was an inspiration to many and her good still outweighs her bad decisions in my eyes.

I hate for my tax dollars to go to her jail time. The feds really are more intested in hard core drug these days anyway.

Peace
...and how do you know this ?

It seems like the Feds would be interested in any large scale illegal money making activities, including moving large quantities of wacky weed.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think Eric Canori-(looks like the big guy the feds really want)- is going to trail and hoping to drop charges for illegal search and seizure. If he is off the hook, she is off the hook. I think that is rumor I heard

I think the plea wanted Missy to spill what she knew about others above her. She really only seems to be a driver-from what I have read, and an organizer.
Anyhow, everyone in biking has always claimed Missy lived a clean, drug free life. Why she got involved in this is a mystery. She was an inspiration to many and her good still outweighs her bad decisions in my eyes.

I hate for my tax dollars to go to her jail time. The feds really are more intested in hard core drug these days anyway.

Peace
I would be very grateful if you stop posting your pseudo-facts.

I have no idea who you are, but it sounds like you know Missy.

But all you have offered is conjecture about her personal life.

"Anyhow, everyone in biking has always claimed Missy lived a clean, drug free life. "

Right, she never smoked pot or took other recreational drugs in the course of her mountain biking career. Well then she was a drug dealer simply for profit, no different the Mexican Mafia.

Wait, she isn't a stone-cold killer? How do I know that? How do you?

She pleaded to a Federal drug charge and she might receive up to 60 months in jail.

That's all I need to know for now.

I live in San Francisco, and people sweep up grams of marijuana into the trash. They are not threatening me in any way.

When marijuana is smuggled across the Mexican border, lives are shattered daily. Some of that pot gets smoked around SF.

I think it is a shame that someone I admired was arrested. But I don't know the circumstances of her dealings, and we are not talking about getting a dime bag from a buddy.

Millions of dollars are involved, and that's very serious.

I came very close to donating money to her defense fund. After reading what you wrote, I am so glad I kept it.

Tell me who you really are.

MtnBikFam

Chimp
Nov 25, 2009
I would be very grateful if you stop posting your pseudo-facts.

I have no idea who you are, but it sounds like you know Missy.

Tell me who you really are.
sorry to get you so excited.

I actually do not know her. Most of what I know is on the internet AND and friend of a friend type of info line.

I am a regualar guy, facinacated by the Cannondale/Volvo team in the 90's. I was intrigued by Missy's hard core 'brand' but her seemingly soft side she showed to fans at races and around the Durango area. I was shocked to hear about her troubles as it seemed like shattered dreams and the fallen hero tragedy

i was away from biking for over 10 years- wife, family, kids etc and only recently got back on the singletracks this summer.

Sorry- I guess I just wanted to keep facts straight as i hear rumor. I can only make assumptions to fill gaps, sorry if they come across as pseudo facts. I can only assume she plead guilty with a plea because the feds wanted info in exchange for lighter sentencing, i should have made that clear.

Peace

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Something sounds real fishy.

Too bad Missy has advocates that don't sound trustworthy.

I would prefer to defend Missy on the basis that marijuana shouldn't be a crime, not defending her honor or her culpability.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wait Missy got arrested?? OMFG for what?? Can you get arrested for being super fantastic? I better tone it down then....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I would like to introduce you to the asshat troll society. sanjuro and MMike, take a bow.

You will no doubt notice others.
Hey, sounds like your feelings are hurt.

You aren't agreeing with anyone or taking a viewpoint.

You just have an axe to grind.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Not exactly current

Bike pro admits trafficking
Giove, 37, could receive jail term after pleading guilty in pot conspiracy

By BRENDAN J. LYONS, Senior writer
First published in print: Wednesday, December 23, 2009
ALBANY -- A one-time champion mountain biker who was arrested in June for her role in a massive marijuana trafficking conspiracy pleaded guilty Monday to federal criminal charges that could put her in prison for up to five years.
http://www.timesunion.com/ASPStories/story.asp?StoryID=880920

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i think he did say she was 5 years, but i could be mistaken. even if sentenced to 5 years, she will be out well before then with good behavior.