Quantcast

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i think he did say she was 5 years, but i could be mistaken. even if sentenced to 5 years, she will be out well before then with good behavior.
depends on if she's in Federal or State Prison. I'm assuming it's Fed because of the crossing state lines issue and, if it is Fed prison, they do day for day...no early release for good behavior.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
after 5 yrs, that's going to look like phyllo dough, but w/ callouses.

but not too tough for scissors

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sour cream, chives, the whole shebang.
when eating at the "y"....spread lightly on the inside of the thigh....along with tartar sauce if she is strong of scent.

fish and chips.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
You forget that they both went to court in our fair Capital Region of NY, the throne of NY's glacial pace government...Justice plods along here, just like the Mastodons who once lived in this same valley. :rolleyes:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Ex-mountain biking champ Missy Giove of Va. faces sentencing for '09 pot bust in upstate NY | The Republic

ALBANY, N.Y. — A former world mountain biking champion caught driving a truck with 350 pounds of marijuana inside faces sentencing in an upstate New York court.

The Daily Gazette of Schenectady reports that 38-year-old Melissa "Missy" Giove (gee-OH'-vee) of Chesapeake, Va., is scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday morning in federal court in Albany.

Giove pleaded guilty to a federal drug conspiracy charge stemming from her arrest in 2009, when authorities say she transported hundreds of pounds of marijuana in a truck she drove from California to Wilton in Saratoga County.

Federal prosecutors are expected to seek a sentence of 24 to 30 months in prison.

A Wilton man involved in the pot ring pleaded guilty last summer to drug conspiracy charges. Authorities found nearly $1.5 million in cash inside his home.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just realized that one of my riding buddies is a CO in a NY womens prison. Maybe he can get tips from Missy when she does her time.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
no prison time for her
ALBANY — A former world champion mountain biker arrested in Saratoga County in 2009 for helping traffic hundreds of pounds of marijuana across the country will not serve any time in prison.
Melissa "Missy" Giove was sentenced Wednesday in U.S. District Court by Judge Gary L. Sharpe to time served, six months of home detention and five years of supervised release.

Read more: Ex-bike champ avoids prison in pot bust - Times Union

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hope she can get past this and on with her life. Wishing her the best.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Giove's attorney, Tim Austin, said head injuries both forced his client to retire and sapped her financially, contributing to her decision to traffic marijuana.
Brain injuries, the all purpose excuse. I used it a few times when I couldn't remember a chicks name.