Quantcast

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If women's prison is anything like it's presented late at night on Cinemax, I actually think she'll have a good time.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe she was getting it for cancer patients? Rather than small amounts, she went the Costco distribution method.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Existing federal drug statutes call for a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in such cases, although recent Supreme Court rulings have granted considerable latitude to sentencing judges, particularly in cases involving first-time offenders.

This is what might save her, but that's a ton of weed so if she's found guilty, which is likely since it's a federal case, her sentencing is still going to mitigated by the sheer amount. If they find her guilty of all 4 various counts it's really up to the judges discretion...

Anyways i feel bad for her, that's alot of time hanging over your head, and marijuana should be legal anyways. But 37 years of age, you are way too old to not know what's up.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can only agree that the approached to marijuana is not working but there are so many other legal way she could have made a living like the rest of us. I still hate to see an icon end up this way and hope this does not ruin the rest of her life.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I bet she rolls over on the guy she was working with...
if she gets anything less then the minimum 5 years, then she did. i dont doubt she will tho.....today's criminals dont have any class. take it on the chin and do your time....remember, snitches get stitches.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
if she gets anything less then the minimum 5 years, then she did. i dont doubt she will tho.....today's criminals dont have any class. take it on the chin and do your time....remember, snitches get stitches.
Yeah, the last thing she'd want to do is compromise her integrity.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so youd snitch on people that will undoubtedly find out that you have done so?

the kinda of people that distribute 400lbs of drugs and have $1mil in cash lying around the house, dont take kindly to snitches.

...but then again i guess it's where youre from. no one likes a tattle tale

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Apparently drug rings translate well to former figure skaters also.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/nicole-bobek-former-figure-skating-champ-charged-in-drug-bust/?icid=main|aimzones|dl1|link4|http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/nicole-bobek-former-figure-skating-champ-charged-in-drug-bust/

At her peak, Nicole Bobek was one of the brightest stars in figure skating. She won the U.S. championship in 1995 and the bronze medal at the World Championships that same year. But the teenage phenom was also notorious for her poor training discipline and her tendency for shuffling coaches -- she changed coaches at least 11 times during her skating career.

Now at age 31, Bobek is in trouble that stretches far beyond being labeled a difficult teenager. According to an Associated Press report, she has been charged with being part of a drug ring in northern New Jersey.