Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
No mention of whatshisname who "stole" the helicopter?

Note the quotes in "stole".....as I firmly believe the guy leasing the machine was in on it...
yeah, I remember this story quite well, very tragic ending. Anyway, I totally agree, you know the guy that owned the copter was in on it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sorry if this was already stated, I'm not going to go through 3 pgs just to find out. I thought it was interesting that they said: "(Drug) trafficking can lead you downhill fast."

So they are saying you can take a few seconds off your race time by doing it?
;)

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Laws do not indicate right and wrong or good and evil; ideally maybe, but really, no.

Missy was and is good person; .4grams, 400lbs or 400,000, she is still a good person. Moralist derision of marijuana is asinine. Moralist invasion of private lives is criminal.

FREE MISSY! And free the USA from the ludicrous 'war on drugs'.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
She wasn't wagiong a holy ganja war against the establishment. She was after a quick and easy buck. No more noble than that. I say give her the chair!!! Maybe not the electric chair but at least one that is REALLY uncomfortable!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Seriously....if it was "planted"....then what did she THINK she was hauling and unloading??

Go down swingin', Missy....

Was Myles's case not a federal marshal thing? Is that why it at least appears like she's in more trouble?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I don't have any stake morally in this one way or another but just f*cking own up to it and save us all a bunch of tax money on the trial.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Was Myles's case not a federal marshal thing? Is that why it at least appears like she's in more trouble?
As someone mentioned, it would be a lot harder to prove distribution if he was just growing it. In Missy's case though, it sounds like it was being brought across state lines (= federal case vs. state case), and it actually changed hands at least twice (= distribution).

There are probably plenty of other factors as well, but those are the obvious things I see from a legal point of view.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
As someone mentioned, it would be a lot harder to prove distribution if he was just growing it. In Missy's case though, it sounds like it was being brought across state lines (= federal case vs. state case), and it actually changed hands at least twice (= distribution).

There are probably plenty of other factors as well, but those are the obvious things I see from a legal point of view.
And denying the whole thing and blaming the cops should only help her then right?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
She wasn't wagiong a holy ganja war against the establishment. She was after a quick and easy buck. No more noble than that. I say give her the chair!!! Maybe not the electric chair but at least one that is REALLY uncomfortable!
Oh c'mon. Are you sure you don't want the.... Comfy Chair??!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnS49c9KZw8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnS49c9KZw8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes, I know it's predictable, but someone had to...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Would you do this for your neighborhood drug dealer as well?

Seriously, I have huge respect for her and her accomplishments in racing. But now she has decided to sell drugs! Would you guys all be so cool about it if the kids she is selling dope to were yours?

And besides that, she is giving the sport a bad reputation. Cyclist = drug user/dealer is the picture that the general public gets. :( Now try to convince parents that it is good to let their kids get into mountainbiking..... :suicide2:

whoa whoa whoa
easy tiger...
I never said I was 'cool' about it. If she was in front of me right now I'd tell her what a stupid f@ck she is.
All I said was I can't believe people were saying they are not surprised, 'didnt have to click the link to know it was her'....etc....because she is the last person to do something this f-ed.

If the story was 'missy jumped her car off a bridge to get some sick air and killed a kitten on the way down'....or 'missy the missile was pulled over for rallying through town with 18 little kids to entertain them at her nanny business', only then would I say "I am not surprised".

As for generalizing that all former female pro mountain bikers are degenerates, that is just ignorant. My wife owns her own successful business, April Lawyer owns her own successful business, ACC owns her own importing company, Mercedes Gonzalez works at American Honda, Katja Repo has a great job in marketing, etc...the list of top chicks that went on to decent lives after is long.

And the 'stuff was planted on me' plea, holy crap, new levels of stupid.

So stupid in fact you should all buy shirts when I get the cart setup
www.freemissy.com

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
That's your story Missy? You're stickin' with that are you? Good stuff.....you stupid broad....
I think that is about as bad as vick trying to down play dog fighting. (note I am not comparing crimes)

Not that I think she did something that warrants the time she could get, but getting caught then saying it wasn't me is not going to go well.

Ask Martha Stewart about saying things to police and how that works out in the end.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
There are a quite a number of posts on here that reflect the idea that any illegal drug use or trafficking is to be disdained.

I'd bet a great number of said posters consume alcoholic beverages on a regular basis, yet since it is legal, take the moral high ground. If you drink and look down your nose at those that use drugs and think you are better than them because what you do is legal, you are fooling yourself.

Don't get me wrong, Missy fukked up. But not because she took an immoral path, but because she risked her freedom.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I've said before that I am indiffernt to the "legalize it" debate. Fact is, it probably should be legal...that is, if booze and cigarettes are.

But to claim that someone is being unfairly punished because they happen to think that pot should be legal, then that person is a moron.

If you want to champion to cause of legalization, then you march in the streets, and write your congressman and wear red green and gold clothing.

You don't drive around with hundreds of pounds of as yet STILL illegal substance in a trailer.

Her punishment should be severe. Like I said, she was not out supporting a cause. She was out to make an easy buck, and she blew it. Tough bananas for her.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Would you do this for your neighborhood drug dealer as well?

Seriously, I have huge respect for her and her accomplishments in racing. But now she has decided to sell drugs! Would you guys all be so cool about it if the kids she is selling dope to were yours?

And besides that, she is giving the sport a bad reputation. Cyclist = drug user/dealer is the picture that the general public gets. :( Now try to convince parents that it is good to let their kids get into mountainbiking..... :suicide2:
That's funny you mention the word "neighborhood", because I bet she is the neighborhood drug dealer to my many pot-smoking friends who live in Saratoga. I wouldn't think it was funny if one of my buddies who looking to score pot for him and and our friends went down for this as well. Especially since I might be smoking some of it myself.

I think it is sad that someone I admired went down for something I don't think should be a crime. I was planning on donating some $$$ for her legal defense fund.

Now, I'm not advising anyone to deal marijuana, and ultimately, this is her choice and the consequences are her fault.

But I still have sympathy for her and her plight. This isn't like she was cooking meth or doing drive-bys, so she has my support.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
Saddest part of the whole thing? You know that's just commercial brick weed right there. Not even the good stuff. Psh.
beasters at best but not likely. ****ty situation overall. tp the canadian kid offed himself a few months ago also. this is a big deal. two non biking freinds called me up and asked if i was familiar with the name cause they saw it on espn.com

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Are there that many noobs signing up for rm in this thread or is it the same guy?
WTF are you talking about?

Back on track, it's too bad that this had to happen, but you knowingly break the law, you suffer the consequences, whether or not it is "right."

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
really sad to hear this... she is a kind hearted person who was always the life of the four person chairlift during practice.

the small amount of hardship their illegal business placed on our already corrupt tax system is nothing compared to the human pain and suffering potentially associated with doing hard time. these types of busts should be considered a form of tax evasion and handled at that

to think that her punishment should be severe is a very violent stance on this situation... this would be a tax issue if most people understood the benefits of legalized pot

Status
Not open for further replies.