Quantcast

Mitch Ropelato's Jedi Stolen

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Mitch had his Canfield Brothers Jedi stolen just a few minutes ago at the World Cup in Bromont. Some of the parts that will help identify it are white links, carbon Edge wheels, Hammerschmidt, Fox suspension and a SDG carbon post. If anyone sees it or has any information of it's where abouts, call the police then Canfield Brothers at 801-548-2556 or 801-520-1909.

Mitch is 17 years old and just won the National Chamionship in 4x and Jr. X. We need your help to get him back on his bike.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Mitch had his Canfield Brothers Jedi stolen just a few minutes ago at the World Cup in Bromont. Some of the parts that will help identify it are white links, carbon Edge wheels, Hammerschmidt, Fox suspension and a SDG carbon post. If anyone sees it or has any information of it's where abouts, call the police then Canfield Brothers at 801-548-2556 or 801-520-1909.

Mitch is 17 years old and just won the National Chamionship in 4x and Jr. X. We need your help to get him back on his bike.
:eek: Bike thieves really grind my gears!

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
bike thieves are normally stupid but this takes the cake...

if you are going to steal a bike, why would you do the following:

steal a bike that is instantly recognizable
steal a bike with a frame design that is rare and noticed by every single person on a mountain
steal a pro's bike

and this is to the bros, the total number of jedi (plural??) is probably low, the size narrows it down even further, the white links even further, and then located around bromont? this dude isnt getting this bike anywhere near a place to try and ride it or sell it without someone calling them out.:mad::rant:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i hate people. hopefully that bike will stand out and the kid will get his whip back.

was that what he raced DH on?...w/ a Hammerschmidt?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Friggin LAME! I'm hoping for him to represent for Utar while he's up there. I hope that they find that bike and open a can of whoop a$$ on whoever took it. Effen bastards.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
i hate people. hopefully that bike will stand out and the kid will get his whip back.

was that what he raced DH on?...w/ a Hammerschmidt?
Yea, the custom setup hammerschmidt has been working well for him. He's been loving it. I just want to get the word out so he can get back riding. I was planning on riding with him more in the next few days at Bromont and then Highland.

Another really unique part on his bike is one of four Canfield low rise stems. No one but Chris and Celine Gros have it on there bike.

braaaap

Chimp
Feb 27, 2007
Utard
From what I understand...The Canfield Bro's are stepping up and giving him another Jedi! (Huge props to the Canfield's) It's tough for a small company like the Canfields to hand over another one of their baby's. I guess it's another month of Ramen noodles for Chris and Lance.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Yummy! Hippy Chips! That and a egg and I'm good.

I'll be up in Bromont tommorow so he'll be able to take my bike if he wants to but he's not racing this weekend in the DH, just 4x. We'll get him setup for the nationals next weekend though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yummy! Hippy Chips! That and a egg and I'm good.

I'll be up in Bromont tommorow so he'll be able to take my bike if he wants to but he's not racing this weekend in the DH, just 4x. We'll get him setup for the nationals next weekend though.
what race is that??

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
the MT Snow Race is the second to last stop on the National PRO XCT series with the final stop being at Windham. Mt Snow is also throwing a MTB Festival the same weekend. http://www.usacycling.org/proxct/index.php

Apparently the GRT schedule is different

2009 USA Cycling Pro Gravity MTB Tour (Pro GRT):

May 1-3: Fluidride Cup – Port Angeles, Wash. (DH $5,000 purse)
May 23-25: Chile Challenge – Angel Fire, N.M. (DH and 4-Cross UCI category 2)
Aug. 8-9: Blast the Mass – Snowmass, Colo. (DH and 4-Cross UCI category 2)
August 15-16: Yankee Clipper at Windham Mountain – Windham, N.Y. (DH and 4-Cross UCI category 1)
August 29: Whiteface 5K (DH) – Wilmington, N.Y. (DH $5,000 purse)

Now back on topic!

Hope Mitch get his bike back!

Last edited:

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Keep you eyes open for the Edge Carbon wheels with King Hubs. 150 rear and 20 mm front.
Spendy wheels that no one has. Mitch got the wheels from Edge so they are not hard to miss.
VM