Quantcast

Miter Saw

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
specializedride said:
i think that a few of the teeth were faultuy and had come off with use and the bare blade cought the wood, it was a fairly small peace of 2x4. if it had cought faster i could be sitting here missing a few fingers.:dead:
i am in coshocton ohio, about 70 miles east of columbus, or if you know where neware [heath] is i am about 50 miles away.

I am glad you are OK...

Your probably 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh... if I am out your way I'll stop in!

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
yeah about 2.5 hours. i am glad i am ok too. is there any "break in" time with ridgid. i have heard some saws do before they work to there full potencial.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
specializedride said:
yeah about 2.5 hours. i am glad i am ok too. is there any "break in" time with ridgid. i have heard some saws do before they work to there full potencial.
not really... always make your cutting motion smooth! don't try to pust the saw through the wood, let the saw cut through and do the work.

stands are nice but not needed. I would make sure you have a heavy duty extension cord (at least 12gauge but 10 would be better) and you may want to check if your saw is a 15amp saw that the outlet you are plugging into is a 20amp outlet. You usually don't want to run more than 80% of what the breaker is rated at... its just an added precaution to make sure you aren't going to overheat and constantly trip the breaker, and to make sure you provide enough power to the saw so it doesn't burn out.