Quantcast

Mixed feelings...

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Well, I am giving my first real mountain bike away to someone who will use it. It was a 1990 or 91 KHS Montana Pro.

This is the highest end team race bike from 1990. Mine was a notch below that. Mine is also bright yellow thus its nickname is "The Yellow Wonder".

I am getting a little teary eyed letting it go, but I never ever use it.

http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/khsteam/111_1189.JPG

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've given away my first two MTB's. Gave one to a friend who wanted a bike to ride with his kid. He never quite got into the sport but rides it occasionally. Another I gave to a friends son who wanted transportation while at college.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Squeak, rake. Rake, Squeak.

Good on you for giving the bike to a friend. I trust that they will treat it with the same love that you do, no?

ferday

Chimp
Jan 3, 2008
calgary, AB
sweet ride, i have the same bike (but mine is the '92 lime green edition)

i just can't get rid of it, i use it on the trainer in the winter and to get groceries in the summer (and the occasional singltrack ride to remind me why i have newer bikes as well....)

your friend should love it!

RAMNATION1

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
The nice thing about letting go of a memory is sharing it with others. Being able to give the gift of cycling no matter the type, always makes it as the "pay it forward" mentality. Hopefully respect and the love of the sport is passed onto the next person who will be able to enjoy it... (if it makes it)

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
nice to see ya help someone out. I cant give my first mnt bike away from 1993 well at least my first 26 inch mnt bike. So I just turned it into a shop crusier.

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
I gave an ex-girlfriend my old f1000 woody. She rode it all over tempe arizona and one day some jerk off stole it from out front of a borders book store. It was locked up and everything. It really makes me mad because whoever took it would have gotten the same money for a POS bike as he did the 2000 dollar Cannondale he stole.