Quantcast

MMcG - I'm a member now too!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Not sure if this is something to be proud of or not, but I'm a member of the ride till you puke club. Did a road ride today... avoided all the big hills like the plague, but there was no getting around a short but steep one. It's a tough one on my mountain bike with 22-34 gearing - I knew it was going to be brutal on my road bike (30-23). Well, I made the climb, but puked at the top. I'm not sure that's something I ever care to do again.

Info about the ride is in this thread.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
jacksonpt said:
Not sure if this is something to be proud of or not, but I'm a member of the ride till you puke club. Did a road ride today... avoided all the big hills like the plague, but there was no getting around a short but steep one. It's a tough one on my mountain bike with 22-34 gearing - I knew it was going to be brutal on my road bike (30-23). Well, I made the climb, but puked at the top. I'm not sure that's something I ever care to do again.

It's been a long time since I puked from riding. I booted once in an XC race when i was about 14 or 15. At least if you puke you know that you didn't puss out :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i puked in my mouth from belching too hard and started choking on it during a night ride. That was pretty funny..... No more pre-ride burritos after that one.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
i puked in my mouth from belching too hard and started choking on it during a night ride. That was pretty funny..... No more pre-ride burritos after that one.
ahha that is DISGUSTING! :p

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if i ever puke during a ride its because i havent cleaned my camelbak out for a while. otherwise i usually take it nice and easy unless gravity is helping me along.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:

Ugh - sorry to hear that Jackson - it sucks doesn't it?

I took my kids out for a rail trail ride - we got about halfway on the trail and Connor lost his attention, went off the paved part and onto some gravel and ended up crashing pretty hard - I watched it all happen as if it were in slow motion.

His arm hurts him and I think he was a little shaken up and afraid to get back on the bike, so we ended up walking back to the car. Took about 2 hours. :dead: :dead: :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
Ugh - sorry to hear that Jackson - it sucks doesn't it?

I took my kids out for a rail trail ride - we got about halfway on the trail and Connor lost his attention, went off the paved part and onto some gravel and ended up crashing pretty hard - I watched it all happen as if it were in slow motion.

His arm hurts him and I think he was a little shaken up and afraid to get back on the bike, so we ended up walking back to the car. Took about 2 hours. :dead: :dead: :dead:
Yikes! One part of parenting no one looks forward to!

I am sure he'll be fine and be back in the saddle in no time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Yikes! One part of parenting no one looks forward to!

I am sure he'll be fine and be back in the saddle in no time.
I'm a little worried - his elbow is kind of swollen and he can't move his arm too much without a lot of pain. :( :(