Quantcast

MMcG's Freedom Ride , Day 2 Minus MMcG

splat

Nam I am
Well We had Day 2 of MMcG's freedom Ride Weekend, at Schnipsit State Forest in CT. But alas Poor MMcG's Knee was hurting him bad , so he was unable to make it , But MySelf , IAB . MBC , Berkshire Rider , and our Sort of Guide for today Tony hawk.

Or we could just call it the continuing Series of Splats and Berkshire riders 4 Hour ride series, because we were out for almost 4 Hours. and IAB and MBC were really feeling it after being out for 3 1/2 hours the day Before.

Anyway on with the ride

Here we Start with IAB playing on a Fun Rock.

Berkshire rider on another rock roller !

IAB and MBC riding past some stinky , Smelly stagnant water

IAB on some more fun Rock

MBC doing the same rock

Tonyhawk riding a rock spine

Berkshire rider cming down a Chute

IAB log riding

MBC riding a Skinny

IAB riding across a bridge

Tony hawk , log riding

IAB crossing a Stream , and we had a lot of these.

and fianlly on our way back , this was laying on the side of the trail showing MMcG was with us in Spirit.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I do need a new helmet after my digger on Friday - but thankfully my Xen doesn't look like that thing above! :eek:

Good pics Splat - sorry I missed the fun. :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, here are a few of the pics I took...

berkshire_rider going up and over this rock (it was very tricky)

splat coming down a roller (a rare pic of splat on the other side of the camera!)

MBC on the same roller

splat on the skinny

and finally, MBC proving persistency pays off...

splat

Nam I am
I like Pics of Me !! :thumb:

I Are Baboon said:
OK, here are a few of the pics I took...

berkshire_rider going up and over this rock (it was very tricky)
Here is that same picture but from the other side ( with IAB in it too! )

also Here is the GPS Track of what we did. and it came in very handy having that since we really diodn't know where we were going , it stopped us from going down a massive down hill that we would have only had to re-climd toward the end , we started at the bottom and you can see that one little portion where we turned around .

also Accoring to GPS we did 11.4 miles

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wow so much exposed rock. The glaciers never made it this far south and large exposed rock is quite rare.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
but didnt he break some fashion rule being he wore Lycra & knee/shin pads ??
I'm not sure about thoes rules. Jackson always makes fun of what I wear to ride.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'm not sure about thoes rules. Jackson always makes fun of what I wear to ride.
na... just the socks.

but in the grand scheme of things... isn't breaking fashion rules one of the unwritten laws of cycling? Think about it... the spandex, jerseys, socks...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
na... just the socks.

but in the grand scheme of things... isn't breaking fashion rules one of the unwritten laws of cycling? Think about it... the spandex, jerseys, socks...
I remember in the late 80's when spandex was the fashion.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I remember in the late 80's when spandex was the fashion.
Went on a big group road ride on Saturday. I saw more flouresent (sp?) colored spandex than should allowed by law. I may be scarred for life.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Went on a big group road ride on Saturday. I saw more flouresent (sp?) colored spandex than should allowed by law. I may be scarred for life.
Yeah but in VA people still wear spandex as a fashion statement.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
No, camoflage is the ongoing fashion statement around here.
ahh yes camo and camo baseball caps with their favorite gun maker or nascar driver on it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
oh come on - you're fine - anyone could have botched that - I DID! I just fell to the left rather than head on.
Yeah but watching guys like Narlus and others it makes me realize that I'm not as skilled as I think. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Yeah but watching guys like Narlus and others it makes me realize that I'm not as skilled as I think. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying. :thumb:
Dude, you should see me out there, I f'ing suck. Most of the people I've ever rode with are like Jackson and don't care and just wait up or do what they can to help.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just seeing the rocks you guys ride on out there scare the hell out of me. Last month I tried riding through a dry streambed full of large rock and ended up splitting open my chin and having a corner of another rock bruise my sternum.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
well I just think you are taking one bad section and making more out of it than it was. that one spot isn't indicative of your entire riding skill level.

SO THERE :blah:
Thanks.

I go to PT tomorrow morning - I'm going to tell my physcical therepist about how my knee felt after Friday's ride to see what she has to say about it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG, you ride just fine. :thumb:

if i ever get to thinking that i'm a decent rider, all i need to do is to show up at the skate park or DH runs and that will re-calibrate my brain.