Quantcast

MMcG's Freedom Ride

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Since MMcG's divorce was finalized this week, a few of us celebrated by blowing off work and riding Case Mountain in Manchester, CT. We rode 12.6 miles in about 3.5 hours. Good times indeed. Since I was bringing up the rear most of the time, I only got to take a few pics...

Left to right: Smelly, narlus, tonyhawk, MtnBikerChk, myself, douglas, MMcG

MBC on a smoother section of Case Mtn...

Tonyhawk on a ladder bridge, doing it ass backwards.

narlus on the same ladder bridge. This had a real tough approach.

smelly's rear derailleur wasn't doing too good. This was just the start of his mechanical issues for the day. Poor guy had to walk his bike half the ride. :(

MMcG about a second before he crashed. Time for a new helmet, Mark!!

Bird's eye view of MBC

tonyhawk clearing this four footer

narlus nose-wheeling the same four footer. :D

A good ride and a good time. It was a pleasure meeting and riding with narlus and smelly. Hopefully it was the first of many. :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
looks like you all had a good time!!! i hope you went out afterwards and ate and drank a little. I was think of you guys .. when I saw a ll the rain , I was hoping it didnt ruin your day... Glad to hear you had a good time!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Nice! I like the looks of the terrain. :thumb:
More of that tomorrow. :) (looks like we'll be ok with the weather)

Today's ride was followed by beer and burgers at our house. Thanks to everyone else for supplying the beer. :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
More of that tomorrow. :) (looks like we'll be ok with the weather) Today's ride was followed by beer and burgers at our house. Thanks to everyone else for supplying the beer. :D
Is there a local place for burgers and beer for tomorrow's after ride activities? :confused:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
twas a good ride, even though i spent half of it running. nice meeting and riding with yalls.
i haven't even taken my bike out of the car yet. i'm dreading putting it in the stand and figuring out everything that got f*cked up :dead:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
excellent ride. thanks to MMcG for organizing it, and tonyhawk (sorry i kept calling you tony :( ) for leading it. lots of good stuff to ride in Case, i definitely wanna get back at some point (and maybe keep the front end up a bit higher on that drop next time. :think: )

it was cool to meet the monkeys, too bad i had to bail on grill/beer activities, but traffic was a suckjob towards the end of my trip anyway so i think i made the right decision.

big props to smelly for running/coasting w/ his disabled bike for so long. definitely not an easy thing to do when the rest of us had gears and working bikes.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
MMcG's crash was gnarly. coming from behind you couldn't see the gap between those rocks at all, and it's just wide enough to get your front wheel stuck in. then he got himself slammed into this nasty, triangular rock jutting out of the ground at the bottom. youch

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Thanks to everyone who came for the ride - I had a blast. That was a pretty hard digger I took, but it was worth it. Great post ride burgers and munchies IAB and MBC!!!

My bad knee is hurting big time (not due to the crash) and I will be a scratch for today's ride at Soapstone. :(

Damned Knees - I feel like my left kneecap is going to split in two. Pretty damned painful.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Excellent ride, everyone. Its always fun riding with new monkeys, so I'm glad Smelly and Narlus were able to make it. You can keep calling me tony - it is my middle name anyway :) . Next time, we climb the slickrock section...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Cool pics, I have to live vicariously through you all until I can ride again, so keep them coming!

Sorry to hear about your crash MMcG - you're going to have to take over a head position in the clique.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heidi said:
Cool pics, I have to live vicariously through you all until I can ride again, so keep them coming!

Sorry to hear about your crash MMcG - you're going to have to take over a head position in the clique.

I didn't hurt my knee in that crash Heidi - just my shoulder and right side. But after logging those rock filled miles my left knee (the bad one) hurt like a mofo. Just like the pain you felt where it felt like your knee cap was going to crack in half. :(

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
I didn't hurt my knee in that crash Heidi - just my shoulder and right side. But after logging those rock filled miles my left knee (the bad one) hurt like a mofo. Just like the pain you felt where it felt like your knee cap was going to crack in half. :(
Yah, it's definitely a scary feeling. I mean, your knees are so friggin important that it is very unnerving when they start to hurt like that. Take care dude.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Looks like a good ride - glad it went off without a hitch.

Glad MMcG is finally done with the divorce - at least the official/legal side of it all.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
It was a fun ride..................I felt bad for Smelly with his mechanical.

and the post ride food at Casa IAB/MBC was damn good !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ha great pics I was noticing all day that MMCG wasn't here on friday and all day I was wishing I was out riding with him.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Hey, narlus rode with us that day? I don't remember that. :confused:

:stosh:

:nonono:

that's the only time i've met you, MBC, McMG, smelly, tonyhawk and douglas.

you gotta get yr butt up here for some good riding.