MMcG's Freedom Ride

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
what about us Massholes ?

you tell me

I have to drive my sis/bro in law to hartford on the evening/night of the 28th, so being I will be down that way I figured why not ride on the 29th!?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
has a location been decided on? I suspect it will be quite a haul for me, but I'd like to see if I can make it.
Soapstone Mountain, Ellington, CT.

MtnBikerChk said:
Did I ever tell you about the first time we rode there? It was also the first time we met Mark.

He was on his Marin hardtail..... I never saw someone bounce off rocks before like that. I'd hear "I'm ok!"

(all in fun MMcG :love: - but a true story)
:rofl:

Poor Mark. He got beat to hell that day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
yea... just over 4 hours each way for me. That's a ton of driving for one day's worth of riding.
As much as I'd love for you to join us, eight hours of driving for a 3-4 hour ride is a bit much. I'm not sure I'd do it myself, but then again, I'm a wuss like that. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
Did I ever tell you about the first time we rode there? It was also the first time we met Mark.

He was on his Marin hardtail..... I never saw someone bounce off rocks before like that. I'd hear "I'm ok!"

(all in fun MMcG :love: - but a true story)

Yeah I had bruises on top of bruises after that one. :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

You gotta realize that was my first time riding with experienced mountain bikers. And my first time getting a real true CT trails experience. Previously my riding consisted of rides in Albany's Pine Bush area (not rocky) and the trails in and around Storrs/Mansfield, CT again not very rocky.

The best part of that ride was actually meeting you guys and justbill and JT, I think all for the first time. :thumb: :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I suppose I also would need to find a place to stay on the 28th :rolleyes:
Doug, you can crash at our place.

If you guys really want to have this April 29 ride, you're welcome over to Chez Baboon's after for grub.

...well, unless you'd rather go out to eat. Whatever works for ya!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, so the following people are IN:

tonyhawk
MMcG
MtnBikerChk
splat
Dalton Doug
me

Maybes:
McGRP01
berkshire rider
jacksonpt

Just helping to keep this thread flowing:
narlus

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
I was just bustin your balls Stosh.

When are you going to have us down your waay to ride Stewart??
I'm riding there this Sunday.