Quantcast

MMcG's Freedom Ride

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
I never said you didn't have a valid reason. and I thought it was cause your head was still spinning from the bad crash
Nope - my noggin was fine. My Giro Xen did its job well that day.

It was my knee that was hurtin. After that ride I could barely get in and out of my drivers side door to drive home after eating post ride grub at IAB and MBC's house. :dead:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
not so sure if I'll make it now. I wrecked on Tues, landed on my head and pulled a muscle in my neck and shoulder, then made things worse by going rock climbing yesterday when I should have been recovering. I need to learn to take a rest day when injured.

I'll see how it feels tomorrow...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
I Have a person who interested in joing us , and was wondering if it would be a dog friendly ? I don't know the rules out there about dogs ? IAB ? MBC ?
I have no idea, yo!

OK, so we're planning on 10:00 at Hopkins Road. Splat, since tonyhawk might not make it, bring your GPS. I'll have mine. Soapstone is huge and I don't know where the hell I'm going. :)

The weather is going to suck: Sunny and 65.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
I have no idea, yo!

OK, so we're planning on 10:00 at Hopkins Road. Splat, since tonyhawk might not make it, bring your GPS. I'll have mine. Soapstone is huge and I don't know where the hell I'm going. :)

The weather is going to suck: Sunny and 65.
so we should start trying to figure our way back right after we leave the parking lot eh :rofl:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Have fun guys.

And Tonyhawk - don't mess around with the sore shoulder and neck.

that's how I felt after my freedom ride digger, shoulder hurt and neck muscles hurt. it got better over time, but then this spring I started playing catch with my sons.

Man I can't throw the ball hard further than say 60 feet or so without it totally killing my shoulder sending a shooting pain throughout my arm and upper body. I fear that I may have Effed up my rotator cuff with that digger at Case at the MMcG Kill Zone.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Hey y'all...I'm the "interested person" with dogs. :wave: Still trying to figure if I can bail on yard work for a day long excursion, but definitely need to get my dogs out wherever I end up riding in the AM. I have an 8 year old black lab (Jake) and a 5 year old lab mix (Hannah). Whether dogs are allowed on the trails in the first place is obviously important. But an equal consideration is how other riders feel about dogs coming along. If anyone has any reservations whatsoever, I totally understand and will try to plan to get down to CT with y'all sometime in the future when I can come solo.

BTW, how long would it take to drive from the Worcester area???

Jen

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Splat, 146 is actually backtracking for me (just a little, but every little bit counts!)

If I can make it, I will meet y'all there. But even if my schedule allows, need to get the official okay that no one objects to Jake & Hannah coming along! :thumb:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
And Tonyhawk - don't mess around with the sore shoulder and neck.
Yeah, I'm trying to be responsible. I rested yesterday, and I'm skipping climbing tonight. I've got a good amount of mobility back, so hopefully one more rest day and I'll be ready.

10am, Hopkins Rd...

splat said:
I Have a person who interested in joing us , and was wondering if it would be a dog friendly ? I don't know the rules out there about dogs ? IAB ? MBC ?
I don't think there's a specific policy, but at most it would require dogs be leashed (until you're out of sight of the ranger). My biggest concern would be running into (illegal) motorized vehicles on the trail.

TurnerGrl said:
need to get the official okay that no one objects to Jake & Hannah coming along! :thumb:
Dogs are cool with me!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TurnerGrl said:
Splat, 146 is actually backtracking for me (just a little, but every little bit counts!)

If I can make it, I will meet y'all there. But even if my schedule allows, need to get the official okay that no one objects to Jake & Hannah coming along! :thumb:
No objections here to the doggie tag-along! I'd bring our dog, but she'd bolt at the first sighting of a small animal and we'd never catch her (she's a greyhound). I assume the official policy is universal across all CT state forests, and we see dogs without leashes all the time at Cockaponset State Forest.

I'm guessing Worcester is 1:15 from the trailhead.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Man I can't throw the ball hard further than say 60 feet or so without it totally killing my shoulder sending a shooting pain throughout my arm and upper body. I fear that I may have Effed up my rotator cuff with that digger at Case at the MMcG Kill Zone.
I've hurt both of my shoulders at different times, and each time it took over a year for the pain to go away.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jenn - you should definitely join these guys if you can.

Soapstone is one helluva fun place to ride.

Will you be on your RFX?

Damn I wish i was in on this ride, but Opening Day prevails.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I've hurt both of my shoulders at different times, and each time it took over a year for the pain to go away.
Did it hurt like a mofo to throw a ball when you hurt your shoulders?

Mine doesn't hurt playing hockey really, or lifting things, but when I try to make a long hard through - It hurts like a MOFO.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Did it hurt like a mofo to throw a ball when you hurt your shoulders?

Mine doesn't hurt playing hockey really, or lifting things, but when I try to make a long hard through - It hurts like a MOFO.
Yeah, it hurt like hell when I threw something. Otherwise, it was a constant, very mild, nagging discomfort.