Quantcast

MMike and Da Peach ride bikes! For real!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Alright all you smartasses... MMike is off to the airport with no bars to drink in, and nothing but overpriced Olympic pareahenelia to stare at. So here's what we got up to...

First I punched him in the face, but no pics of that one. He would have seen my telegraphed left with the camera in my right. I guess I could have gone with the helmet cam, but they never quite do justice to the situation.

Second was the beering upon arrival to Casa del Melocotón.

There were other beers, and they were all delicious and refreshing, but with the bourbon and all, the evening was at risk of going sideways at the cost of the next day of trail shredding at Whistler, so we called it a night. (after this extremely long sentence)

Mount up! Note the antique on the left...

And note the new, understated (due to the ALL BLACK stickers I got with the shirt...) automotive adornment. I no bumper sticker whore, you know...

Checked in, ready to roll. But someone had to go to guest services... Tick tock brother...

Ah, here he his...looking lost. You can almost taste the fear:

Afterall, we had this to contend with.

Just look at the joy...

At last, atop lower Whistler.

Start things with something sensible. I didn't want to break him too soon.

For those of you who haven't ridden this trail, it's awesome. Progressively larger jumps and berms to get the blood flowing and your speed figured out. Anyhoo...

MMike getting the flow

It was a little dry..

Then up to Garbo.

Honey, if I don't make it..

Unfortunately, this little end-of-culvert wood berm was closed. This thing is awesome.

Starting to get into it, but groaning hands and suspicions of worn brake pads started to creep in

Survived Freight Train, and hit lower. It was time for an old classic

Then back up for another flog of Freight Train. Spectacular!

Second day, confidence was growing. Just like Schley.

Maybe slightly more like Schley

I'll insert some vids once they finish uploading... Imagine some awesome footage for the sake of chronological accuracy...

Fatcrobat fun

Drat. That's the first time I've messed that up...

Crabapple hits!

A pretty cool section of upper A-Line. We had the timing pretty good! Another day to practice, and this footage might have been good!

Then we drove home into a ridiculous lighting storm. Crazy skies

Next day, it was time to hit the Shore. Too bad we didn't have more time. Only one vehicle made it tricky, but it's the Shore, and people are generally pretty cool. Apart from MMike of course...

CBC. The skinnies didn't seem to phase mon frere

My attempt at a cool photo with steam rising off the woodwork...

A pretty tricky bend...

Such a cool trail. A straight pack would have looked a little less wonky...

This is actually a pretty intimidating part of the trail. About a 100' logride. So cool

Another cool drop in after a log ride.

Now, we're onto Ned's. This is the site of my catastrophic-race-run-ruining-flop. This was disaster free.

Gap jump on Ned's. No problem!

Holy crap was it hot and humid out. Time for a break before hitting Bottletop.

Minus a busted shifter cable, and some shifty brakes, the steed was holding up alright.

3 days of good riding and everyone in one piece.

Jealous?

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Here I was all good and happy that I stayed home for the week of my birthday instead of getting in the truck and driving to Whistler.

Thanks for ruining that state of zen.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm jealous. i still haven't made it to Whistler. And by the looks of it, i won't be making it there for probably another year or more. Gotta save up for a honeymoon, and too many damn house projects i need to pay for. I hate being responsible.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm jealous. i still haven't made it to Whistler. And by the looks of it, i won't be making it there for probably another year or more. Gotta save up for a honeymoon, and too many damn house projects i need to pay for. I hate being responsible.
Just get a younger sibling to move to Van so he can give you a tour while on jailbreak. It's just that easy!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So yup...good times.

Was well taken care of. .....and very thankful you pestered me incessantly to go out there.......

Jason was also a good sport to A) wait for my slow ass and B) to document the slowness photographically.

Much gratitude to all....

Still very tired.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yep, a wave of sore washed over me last night.

I've sent the bike off for TLC and a fork rebuild with lighter springs.