Quantcast

mmmm patties

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I hope that some of you food loving monkeys have had a chance to try this "fast food" delight in jamaica. they are basically an empanada for those of you who are unfamiliar with them. TN and I made it to Miss Sonia's for her "world famous" patties. TN had thee lobster patty and i had the goat patty. mmmmmm. they are so so good. i could live off of them I think. served with some homemade jerk sauce stored in an old appleton bottle and a couple of red stripes. i'm ready to go back.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I used to live down the street from King Jamaican restaurant in SF that served great patties, MMMMM. But damn I never had lobster patties.

MMcG, the times I've had it, goat pretty much tasted like lamb only a little darker and gamier. I would order goat curry again in a second.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
this was ground goat in a curry sauce in a patty. OG is right, kind of like lamb little darker and gamier. it was good, real good.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
laura said:
I hope that some of you food loving monkeys have had a chance to try this "fast food" delight in jamaica. they are basically an empanada for those of you who are unfamiliar with them. TN and I made it to Miss Sonia's for her "world famous" patties. TN had thee lobster patty and i had the goat patty. mmmmmm. they are so so good. i could live off of them I think. served with some homemade jerk sauce stored in an old appleton bottle and a couple of red stripes. i'm ready to go back.
Did they wrap the patties in Cocoa bread? This seems to be the serving method of choice here in NYC, where we have Golden Crust - a chain of Carribean bakeries that specalize in patties.

And curry goat is my favorite way to eat goat. That, some stew peas & rice... beer, damn...... :drool: