Quantcast

MMMM....Wilma and Wind = Happy Windsurfers

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
ridetoofast said:
http://www.windvisions.com/Wilma/

a local friend of mine took these pics today.

i would have been on the water but alas i had to for the 'the man' and his military industrial complex...

the dood in the 2nd pic is in his middle to late 50's and STILL ripin' it on a sailboard...
Thanks for the pics. I forgot the days of windsurfing, gave it up when I moved from Kansas to Colorado. Colorado, BTW, SUCKS for sailboarding. It seems to be a lost sport now-a-days.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
You mean due to the lack of WATER? :think: ;)
Ahhh, it must be a busy day for Unix admins... :)

No, water has nothing to do with it. We lack good wind in colorado. To sailboard and make it fun, you'll need to start in 20mph winds and above. My fav's were 35MPH gusting to 40. The boards the guys were on in the pics are considered sinker-boards.... you gotta have the speed up or you'll sink....

Colorado has no good wind (sometimes its breezy in the winter, but only for short periods of time), and a shorter season.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ascentrek said:
Ahhh, it must be a busy day for Unix admins... :)
Naw - I'm in class today............ lab time. :)

No, water has nothing to do with it. We lack good wind in colorado. To sailboard and make it fun, you'll need to start in 20mph winds and above. My fav's were 35MPH gusting to 40. The boards the guys were on in the pics are considered sinker-boards.... you gotta have the speed up or you'll sink....

Colorado has no good wind (sometimes its breezy in the winter, but only for short periods of time), and a shorter season.
You should go try Blue Mesa Reservoir some time......... there's your wind *and* your water. :thumb:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - I'm in class today............ lab time. :)

You should go try Blue Mesa Reservoir some time......... there's your wind *and* your water. :thumb:
Excellent! but DOH, no boards!

Besides, I can barely cram biking into my triple estrogen time consuming swamp.