Quantcast

mmmmm. hope.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
manhattanprjkt83 said:
ur gonna love them. wait til you ride those levers....mmmmmmmmm....heaven
so ive heard. the funny part is that a 180mm rotor looks normal on a 29er wheel. odd at best.

anyone think that the mechanical advantage of hydraulics will be odd compared to the avid mech's that im used to?

now I cant wait to get the 160mm rotor and M2 for the rear on that bike. cambria's back-ordered on that one. doh!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
my C2's grip'd out on my M1. against my better judgement I bought hopes for my brothers LeToy, 4piston w/ new mini levers. They too Grip out, Lever finds it's way to bottoming out on the grip. This is after multiple bleed sessions with the Hope bleed kit. Also, sometimes the brakes will work fine, then all of a sudden the lever will bottom out on the grip. A few minutes later, they will work again.

I like the looks of Hope but the power of hayes. Thank god I have Hayes on my beast.

joel

Good luck. your new brakes are alteast pretty. nice pic too!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wumpus said:
So are the lever on the M4's and minis the same?

What is the difference between the monos and the 'regular' ones?
There are no "regular" ones anymore, I don't think. They're all mono this year AFAIK.

The difference is that the mono's use a one piece body rather than the two pieces used in previous years. Two piece bodies have a tendancy to seperate under heavy braking, thus reducing power.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Wumpus said:
So are the lever on the M4's and minis the same?

What is the difference between the monos and the 'regular' ones?
yes on the levers.

dunno on the other q. this is my first venture into hydros.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
golgiaparatus said:
Though hopes are pimptified... I hate cambria with a passion that extends beyond even GW Bush.
sorry to hear it- ive ordered very seldomly with them. webcyclery is my main mail order location, that and i enjoy chatting with mean todd.

joel hester said:
.....snip.... nice pic too!
thanks! I thought a little B&W would look nice. my HP camera does a nice job- wish I was as good with it as I am with my canon.

Brian HCM#1 said:
An excellent choice of brake!!!!!! They will blow your Avids away:D
ok, that could be scary for a multitude of reasons- endo reasons, $$$ reasons, and pimpin reasons.