Quantcast

Moab camping

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
I'm leading a college trip to Moab for a long weekend. Can someone hook me up with info on where to camp that's not too far from the trails and isn't expensive? There's gonna be about 16 of us.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Camp by Kens Lake on the far side of Moab. Its just off the road and it a cool place to stay. I have stayed in that area for the last 15 years and there are some rides in the area.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Alec, the place I camped was pretty sweet. As you're coming into town and before you cross the river or get to the arches entrance, you take a right. Follow the road a few hundred yards and there are a bunch of campsites between the cliffs and the river. There was plenty of space when I was there in may.

NORCO75

Chimp
Sep 6, 2006
JAMESTOWN
The Best Place To Camp Is Near The Slick Rock Trail. It Is Over Used, But Who Cares Your Not There To Camp Right? The Crowds Will Be Nill (because Of The Cold) And Porcupine, Slick Rock And Downtown Are All With In Easy Access. It Is Really Sandy, But Way Better Than The Adobe Dust That Is All Over Down By The River. Plus There Will Be Plenty Of Sheltered Spots (in Case Its Windy). The Fees Are Pretty Reasonable, There Is A Car Access Fee And Then A Camping Fee. I Camp There All The Time And Always Enjoy.

Cheers