Quantcast

Moab in March

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
How is the weather for riding Moab in mid March?

I'm thinking about splitting time between skiing/snowboarding in Breckenridge and mountain biking in Moab for Spring Break.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's questionable, keep an eye on weather reports. The one time I was there in March, it was awesome. They do get snow on the La Sal mountains, but their "winter" is typically short.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I did Moab for Easter (mid-April) a few years back and the weather was great. A little snow on the upper Kokopelli and we were the first shuttle down for the year. 60s & 70s down in valley. Also rode in Fruita/Grand Junction and conditions there were perfect. March may be pushing it if you want to do anything above the normal Porcupine Rim ride.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I rode in Moab towards the end of March a couple years ago and was fine. Just bring warm clothes in case.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Do the shuttles not run before that?
They don't run to the top until the snow clears and some of the mud dries up to help keep the trails in good shape. There was one more shuttle stop above where we started but it was still buried in snow. It was about 30°F at the top when we started and 70° back in town at the end.