Quantcast

Moab trip

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
Great week!

Sunday went to Bartlet Wash with NHW, Roses, and Liner. Ran into Sir Hopsalot and crew on the Slickrock...freaking small world.

Monday, did a self-shuttle Kokopelli-Porcupine with, NHW, Roses, Liner, Iron lung, and El Crap. BTW UPS must be OK to ride now…there was a full blown sign at the trailhead.

Tuesday, Slickrock - Main loop with NHW, Roses, and Liner.

Wensday, Gemini bridges a.k.a. Gemini Peaks to No-Trail to Gold Bar Rim to Poison Spider...long day. Me and El Crap only.

Thursday, Sovereign - rode north from the Willow Springs parking up the blue singletrack then did the upper deck with the new trails, back on the single track...long day...with Liner and Iron Lung.

Friday, had fantasies about double Koko-Pork. Took the 8 o'clock Poison Shuttle on trail by 9. 10 mins in and El Crap watches some Euro Dude break some bones...delays us by about 30 mins, then Liner gets leak in rear tire, which takes some more time to never find pin...
plus we are getting very tired...get to Negro Bill lot at noon...conclude a double in our present state could be dangerous...called it good but noted that it can be done.

Got lots of pics and vids to work thru...but here are the good ones so far most are to big for screen
Pano-ram-ic of Liner & Roses having a moment at Bartlet Wash, while NHW takes my picture...

Me with Helmet Cam going down Urinal, Bartlet Wash

Pic of me looking up at NHW, Roses, and Liner at the bottom of the Urinal, Bartlet Wash

Messing around with Helmet cam, Bartlet Wash

Following Liner down Toilet bowl with Helmet Cam, Bartlet Wash

NHW Slickrock

NHW with Roses on Slickrock and you can see Pork in the background

Roses Slickrock

Pano-ram-ic Roses, Me, Liner, and NHW on Slickrock

Me Gemini Bridges

Me & El Crap, No-Trail pic taken with camera timer

Me, No-Trail taken with timer

Me, Gold Bar Rim

El Crap, Gold Bar Rim

Pano-ram-ic of El Crap, Gold Bar Rim

El Crap, Poison Spider Sand

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
noob question alert:

how do you know where you're going in a place like that? with no real markings of a "trail" how do you not end up taking a route that lands you off a cliff?
It's pretty straight forward...always best to ride in a group...

Also, I tend to stop my bike if i see a sudden 1000 foot drop...:D

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
so is a place like that a free for all type ride or is there a very specific path that you follow?

Most of the trails are well marked or easy to follow...

Because of fragile desert ecology they do frown on off trail stuff, but some places like Slickrock, Bartlet wash, and Tusher are marked but because of all the slickrock it’s kind of a free for all…

Only things you need to pay for the park entrance where slickrock trail is at, or if you take a Shuttle to a trail head (suggested for somthing like Kokopelli-porcupine)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
That looks like the perfect trip. Great riding, friends and no injuries. All it needed was a recovery day with a hike through Arches!!

Thanks for posting your stuff.

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
going there this summer!
Not sure that would be fun...it gets really hot and the sun is the kicker...spring or fall is the time...fall is really good because all the upper elevation snow is gone so you can do things like Burro Pass to Hazard County to Kokopellie to Porcupine.

Did you have a favorite trail??
Goldrim Bar...you pay to get there with some real climbs but fun and the views are cool…

If I could have done it I’m sure the Burro Pass/Hazard county/kokopellie/Porcupine would have been number one, but the snow level is still really low for this time of year.

Please tell me you had the courage to ride over the bridges at Gemeni. Now thats a rush.
When El Cap took the pics of me on the bridges... he cut the bridge part out...
That’s pretty good for him, usually he cuts my head off.:huh:

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
So I tried out Vituraldub and added deshaker and it seems to help the helmet cam shakes...

Here is the new version of us messing around with Helmet cam, Bartlet Wash Minus the shake:

Here is the orignial

Here is the new version of me following Liner down Toilet bowl with Helmet Cam, Bartlet Wash minus the shake:

Here is the orignial