Quantcast

Moab

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
cool. i'll probably be heading over to fruita/moab for some 3-4 day hits in march and april. well, and may/june as well. ;)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
caputo1989 said:
i'm quite happy about it!

if i don't hit ugly traffic/weather ( i normally leave reeeeeeally early in the morning) then i hit fruita in about 4 hours, moab in 6.

my car is pretty slow once it's got a bike or three, and a crapload of camping junk thrown into it........

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
scrublover said:
i'm quite happy about it!

if i don't hit ugly traffic/weather ( i normally leave reeeeeeally early in the morning) then i hit fruita in about 4 hours, moab in 6.

my car is pretty slow once it's got a bike or three, and a crapload of camping junk thrown into it........
Yeah, so? Most of the drive is really quite nice, except for the CO/UT border to the shortcut turnoff (128?).

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Pau11y said:
Yeah, so? Most of the drive is really quite nice, except for the CO/UT border to the shortcut turnoff (128?).
yeah, so?

i agree. i don't see where i ever said the drive was not nice.....
IMO, it's one of my favorites. i love heading through glenwood canyon.

my point is i like to leave early in the morning so i don't hit morning commuter traffic. then i get there early enough in the day to still get a good long ride in. coming down from longmont, if i hit commuter traffic, it sucks getting through to i-70.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Moab's AWESOME! Some sweet pavement there buddy. The ride around the La Sal mts is spectacular and the downhill is fast thru the valley. Our paceline hit 40mph and kept it there for 20+minutes!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
have fun guys i drove there with some buds over my fall break (october) we had a little further drive though, Pittsburgh PA to Moab in 30 hours balls out, only stop for any amount of time was in good ol Hayes kansas for some mexican food. hhahah what a boring town...ps dont go to poison spider thosde dudes suck

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
caputo1989 said:
128 is not a short cut it is actualuy longer and slower than 191.:D
YEah, but it's totally worth taking. Mobius and I went out there last summer and were like "oh check it out, a shortcut". Not so much. It took us a long time but the drive was absolutely stunning (we even got in bit of tame 4x4 action along the way). Definitely go that route.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DßR said:
YEah, but it's totally worth taking. Mobius and I went out there last summer and were like "oh check it out, a shortcut". Not so much. It took us a long time but the drive was absolutely stunning (we even got in bit of tame 4x4 action along the way). Definitely go that route.

yeah, 128 is way more fun when i go. better scenery, and more fun to drive. and if you're camped along one of the river spots, you can end up right there pretty fast.....

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Hayes, Kansas. I stop there when I drive to Moab from Tennessee. Very very very boring town. It might even rival the town I live in now for the boring factor. Anyone else going to Moab? We should have a RM ride or something.