Quantcast

~~~Moanday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Ordered the countertop yesterday. Final decision was black pearl granite. Going to look good on the oak cabinets.

Moar office today, supposed to go to Rye, NY tomorrow. We'll see how that pans out.

Be safe out there.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Good weekend of breaking my new fork in. I don't care what anyone says, there is a HUGE difference in the 9mmQR garbage and the 15mm thru axle.

Work.

Hungry.

Moving next week.

Thinking about buying a Superlight 29 for the wife.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good weekend of breaking my new fork in. I don't care what anyone says, there is a HUGE difference in the 9mmQR garbage and the 15mm thru axle.

Work.

Hungry.

Moving next week.

Thinking about buying a Superlight 29 for the wife.
Where u moving to?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got my first ride of the season in on Friday. It felt great! Finally got around to installing our bathroom fan installed over the weekend, what a miserable job that was.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kinda low-key weekend...got my new toy on friday and used it for The Wedding Present's concert that night. good stuff.

saturday was pretty lazy, and sunday even lazier...cleaned the house a bit, did some cooking, went for a short run, listened to LPs. I have no complaints.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning primates! Had a nice weekend with the family. Friday night, my sister & her husband took their daughter and Syd to see Disney Princesses Live so Sq-Earl and I grabbed dinner and went to see The Hunger Games. Saturday was a daisy scout trip to the maple farm's open house and the girls got to see how to tap trees, collect syrup, make it and more importantly taste it :) Then it was home for family game night. Sunday I did some shopping for my sister's baby shower and groceries and then relaxed in the hot tub. Good times!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
So, has anyone read the Game of Thrones series? I don't want to watch it on HBO or whatever station is making it, but I've heard the books are great and need a new series to download on the Nook and read this weekend when I fly to CA.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So, has anyone read the Game of Thrones series? I don't want to watch it on HBO or whatever station is making it, but I've heard the books are great and need a new series to download on the Nook and read this weekend when I fly to CA.
Yes. They are awesome, have not watched any of them yet but I believe they are next up in my netflix que.

*Edit. I don't think its too much of a spoiler to say, don't get attached too attached to any one character.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What do you say there, hombre? Happy Monday! HOORAY MONDAY!

Good weekend all around. I ran my third half marathon Saturday. 1:48:03 finish was good for 125/414 overall. Had lunch and a movie (Hunger Games) with wife and friends yesterday.

Tired.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And Wifey doesn't like the new paint in baby's room. Guess I'll be repainting it later his week.
I have been able to sell enough bike parts to pay for a tune and new skid plate for the Subie.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Went skate skiing Saturday and then for a group road ride/race Sunday. Fast and furious was the pace and I am beat today. Still planning our May mountain bike vacation. NoCal here we come!!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And Wifey doesn't like the new paint in baby's room. Guess I'll be repainting it later his week.
there is a cure for that....paint it like sh!t a second time and she will beg you to hire a painter.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I made a deal with my wife... I'd paint but she *had* to get the colors she wanted the first time. There would be no "do-overs"
my brother hates to paint and it shows in the kids rooms...you can tell where he just said "fvck it"....they paid to have the kitchen/dining room/living room done

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just got the call that the Liquid nitrogen line at the shop has been repaired a day early. So now I have to shoot up to the shop and sign the invoice for the repair and refill.

Why are people stupid when it comes to scheduling stuff to be done.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Morning comma monkeys. Sounds like peeps had good weekends, mine was no exception... no riding or skiing for me, spent the last two days re-building the roll cage in our desert race car a.k.a. Baja Bug. The first one we built without having the seats on hand, turns out we welded everything about 4" too far forward. Boo. The good news is, we did it moar faster-er and moar better-er the second time around...

http://projectbaja.com/2012/03/cage-build-take-two/

Got a heap of projects to crank on at work today, then to the gym after, then enjoying a delicious beverage that SS is leaving on my porch for me. Hey hippie, you ARE leaving delicious beverages on my porch, right? ;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I made a deal with my wife... I'd paint but she *had* to get the colors she wanted the first time. There would be no "do-overs"
I don't want to deal with preggo wife break down again. She's going to HD today to get her colors. Painting isn't much of an issue for me, as I've done it a lot. It's just annoying that I have to re-paint a room. Well, that and the fact that we wasted $60 on 2 cans of paint.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sitting in the doc's office to check out my ears. Have a good one. Hang in there dirtymike. Looks like you're having a rough go of it right now.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yes. They are awesome, have not watched any of them yet but I believe they are next up in my netflix que.

*Edit. I don't think its too much of a spoiler to say, don't get attached too attached to any one character.
Excellent! I read some reviews today on the Nook versions and pretty much everyone says to buy them individually rather than the 4-book set so I'll likely go that route too.

Good to know that the series isn't finished yet either (and hopefully someday it will be, but I won't get too hung up on that).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Think I'd like it?

Is there a lot of gore?
Lots of people die in some pretty imaginative ways. I suspect the TV show is probably pretty bloody but as I said, haven't seen it yet.

The following is labeled NSFW as it contains a potential spoiler, read at your own discretion.
Don't remember if its book 2 or 3, but there is an event referred to as the "Red Wedding", and its not because the bride wears a red gown. It's pretty high up on my list of "shocking things I read in a book of fiction".