Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took kids to a small place for their first time skiing/boarding yesterday. they did good, but the experience totally reconfirmed that teh schuss is not for me. so much gear/hassle/etc., esp taking them.
my 20 year old gear, which hadn't been taken out of the garage closet in 13+, was ok, other than the boots, one of which literally split in two along the side when i buckled it. #awesome.
i'll stick to bikes, thx. at least it was 50* :D
now, back to my regularly scheduled coffee...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coffee is terrible this morning, undrinkabru. Need to muster enough energy to mount a caffeine expeditionary force.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

The snow induced shitshow commences! Only one accident on the way in. The innocent victim was a poor light pole that then ended up in the street. LOLZ! :rofl:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends. Normally I'd be all whiny about having a 90 minute meeting to attend, but today I really don't mind getting away from my desk and sitting there without having to say or do anything.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mornin!

The snow induced shitshow commences! Only one accident on the way in. The innocent victim was a poor light pole that then ended up in the street. LOLZ! :rofl:
Shit show started here yesterday. One Mustang in the ditch, watched some clown lose the rear end of his pickup on a perfectly straight stretch of road and wind up backwards in the median up against a light pole. Thankfully the schools and military bases are closed this morning so there wasn't very many people on the road. Aircraft ramp is a shitshow though, DIA has heavy delays/cancels and that makes up about half our morning flights.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gonna be coming out to CO in June for work. probably around the 9-12. will have to spend an extra day or two and do some riding and meet some CO monkeys . . .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Shit show started here yesterday. One Mustang in the ditch, watched some clown lose the rear end of his pickup on a perfectly straight stretch of road and wind up backwards in the median up against a light pole. Thankfully the schools and military bases are closed this morning so there wasn't very many people on the road. Aircraft ramp is a shitshow though, DIA has heavy delays/cancels and that makes up about half our morning flights.
The amazing thing is, and I don't know how much snow you have down there, there was literally nothing on the roads. As of the time I drove in they were nothing more than wet. I just don't get it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Sipping another cup o' joe while I dream of snow...
Busy weekend for my house. Syd was in the school play on Friday (I music directed) so we did 3 shows total (9am, 1pm and 6:30pm). The kids did a great job despite the rampant stomach bug that took 12 of them out!
Saturday was a Team Cup meet for gymnastics and Syd's team too first overall. Our girls were very consistent and scored well in all of their events, but the coach (prior to warm-ups) has to select whose scores will count for the team cup. I know that Syd was selected for at least 2 (maybe 3) events (I happened to know the scorers) and I'm a proud mamma to know that her coach thinks that well of her skill level and consistency. Sunday was birthday fun with Sq-Earl's folks so I made a turkey dinner (thanksgiving in January) and we enjoyed a delicious homemade blueberry pie for dessert. He's a lucky man.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good morning everyone!:banana: I had a fantastic weekend. I did a skate ski race Saturday - 30km in about 4" of fresh powder made for tired legs. I saw Mustang - the foreign film. Very good, two thumbs up. Sunday I skied more until my legs wouldn't move, and then we watched The Hateful Eight. Wow. PACKED it in, huh? Off I go to work. hi ho hi ho

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good morning, friends. Normally I'd be all whiny about having a 90 minute meeting to attend, but today I really don't mind getting away from my desk and sitting there without having to say or do anything.
For my 90 minute meeting today, the meeting organizer failed to show up. No one knew the purpose of the meeting and folks started giving me crap about it as my full time job seems to be covering for said organizer. My solution was to cancel the meeting.

There was much rejoicing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got pics?
No. Too many busy bodies and flunkies from the various 3 letter government organizations on the airfield for that to seem like a good idea.

I did get to drive the articulated tug across the airfield to pull it out, which was interesting. And by interesting I mean I may never be able to feel my legs again and I'll probably be peeing blood for a week. A luxury ride it is not. ATIS is calling "braking action nil on all taxiways and poor on 17 right". No shit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
4 hours to get back from Keystone yesterday, 2 of which was stuck on Loveland Pass. Would have left way earlier, but ski school isn't over until 3:30pm. Even being fully loaded and ready to go we got stuck in traffic. At least the gondola line wasn't bad. About a 15min wait to get up the mountain and not dropping back down for hours. Maybe 5min waits at mid-mountain lifts.

Spent the first half of the day skiing, which blew goat balls. Wifey and I rode greens all morning and I still hooked edges multiple times. Apparently I have a very notable 'cant' which makes keeping edges and flat feet very hard. The only solution is to buy a set of boots, which I'm not doing. Got back onto my board after lunch and it was straight to the trees. Amazingly, there was quite a bit of powder in the trees on the front slopes. Guess everybody was too scared of the gondola line to come back down that way and stayed in the back bowls.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Only got about 0.5" of snow and ice on the ground thus far, but on the minor roads it was already slick as snot, to use our resident curmudgeon's term. Mother in law's flight this evening from DIA may well end up canceled given the forecast, as the storm has apparently not hit us yet.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am a bit upset that I missed 24 Hours of Daytona though. Stupid traffic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am a bit upset that I missed 24 Hours of Daytona though. Stupid traffic.
Reminds me of an old Simpsons episode.

The family is stuck in a traffic jam and they see a NASCAR track. Homer is in a rage over traffic, but then gleefully declares:
"Lets go watch cars drive"

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
well, it's about 80 miles from @stoney 's to Keystone and 95% highway, so 4 hours is pretty sucky.

edit: for comparison: where I skied is maybe 15 miles closer, literally on the other side of the pass, and my drive home (leaving earlier) was 1 hr.
This. Going over Loveland Pass should take nothing more than 20min tops, even in bad conditions. It took 2 hours. Apparently they closed the alpine areas a few times to blast and clean the road. Still better than my buddy who took 4.5 hours to get back from Vail and he left at 2pm. Said that he turned the car off for 5+ min at a time multiple times.