Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Corrolla is all repaired. Tech emptied the tranny fluid instead of the oil. All parts and labor for free. They actually changed the oil and filter this time. Check engine light is off now. They tried to sell me a car. They gave me a 25$ Panera bread giftcard also. They were pretty nice about it actually. They felt bad I had to take the Bus. All is well that ends well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Corrolla is all repaired. Tech emptied the tranny fluid instead of the oil. All parts and labor for free. They actually changed the oil and filter this time. Check engine light is off now. They tried to sell me a car. They gave me a 25$ Panera bread giftcard also. They were pretty nice about it actually. They felt bad I had to take the Bus. All is well that ends well.
Have you had your oil changed recently? Not uncommon for people to drain the wrong thing.
What do I win?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All you need to know, baby.

I've seen that much. I just haven't had the chance to get any of the longer video summaries up on the TV yet. Tonight though. Wifey is out of town until Wed. Haley is all about racing, be it cars, skis, bikes, anything. She just wants to see and go fast. I see this being problematic later in life.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've seen that much. I just haven't had the chance to get any of the longer video summaries up on the TV yet. Tonight though. Wifey is out of town until Wed. Haley is all about racing, be it cars, skis, bikes, anything. She just wants to see and go fast. I see this being problematic later in life.
My daughter has a need for speed, thanks to me and mine. So far she hasn't gotten into too much trouble yet, but she doesn't get her license until Sept (and still hasn't gotten her permit, thank the FSM). I didn't watch it, but was reading there is a pretty good battle between the Lambo and R8 in GT3.

While I am not an Audi fan, the LMS Ultra is freakin sweet.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You took it to the same place? :fie: I assume "parts and labor" means new transmission?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I like finding eBay auctions where people barely misspell titles. Like Shimano Saint 820. Hopefully it wasn't any monkeys who sold me their brakes for 200 bucks. Thanks! Now I have two months to look at them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
All you need to know, baby.

Have you been to an IMSA race or the old series before? If you haven't, you HAVE to go. The sounds that some of those GT cars make are indescribable. You could hear the Corvettes blaring across the track from pretty much any spot on the property (and Mosport isn't small).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Have you been to an IMSA race or the old series before? If you haven't, you HAVE to go. The sounds that some of those GT cars make are indescribable. You could hear the Corvettes blaring across the track from pretty much any spot on the property (and Mosport isn't small).
I've seen a few races (GP bikes and cars) at Laguna Seca. Another reason I love the R8 Ultra is the sound.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What do I win?
The fact that for once in your life. You were without a doubt right about something. Just kidding. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they charged me for 4 quarts of oil and a filter. I kept thinking where did the oil go? They did not offer me a reasonable explanation. I do not believe I got a new transmission. All the transactions were put back on my credit card. I drove it home and it was fine. Check engine light is off also.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
the brown note
Nope, a box of bike parts.

Morning, I am convinced that ups purposefully leaves your package behind at locations when you use standard shipping
They do and so does Fedex. Just watch the tracking sometime, you'll see your package sit at the destination for a day if sent regular ground. One of my suppliers shipments used to get here the next day with regular Fedex, but now it takes two days unless I request overnight.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Nope, a box of bike parts.

They do and so does Fedex. Just watch the tracking sometime, you'll see your package sit at the destination for a day if sent regular ground. One of my suppliers shipments used to get here the next day with regular Fedex, but now it takes two days unless I request overnight.
Watching mine now, made it from new York to north Dakota in two days... Been in no dak since friday