Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Woke up three times last night, cough seems to be worse today than yesterday. I thought I was supposed to be getting better. so tired this morning.

went out for my maiden voyage with my fat bike yesterday. It was barely 25°F out, so I was expecting a bit of snow left on the trails, or at least frozen earth. nope. it was a muddy mess that instantly froze on the bike.... Between my still aching nads, painful lungs from the cold, a new bike, and uncertainty about tubeless fat rides on rocky trails, it was not a ride to write home about.... Oh well, now it can live in the basement until next December until the snow covers the trails again...
Tubeless fat rides on rocky trails work quite nicely. Do yourself a favor and ride it once a week or so throughout the summer so as to learn the machine. You'll have fun and it'll pay you back next winter.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Tubeless fat rides on rocky trails work quite nicely. Do yourself a favor and ride it once a week or so throughout the summer so as to learn the machine. You'll have fun and it'll pay you back next winter.
hmmm. something to think about I guess... but since I barely get two rides a week, I'm not sure I'll sacrifice 50% of my rides on my regular bike. But it was fun enough that I might do it every once in a while. to stay sharp. I was surprised at how much they "mow over", and was expecting more grip too. I guess I was underestimating one aspect, and overestimating an other. Yeah, I can see how getting acquainted will be important.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So Wifey bought a purse/handbag this weekend... Mildly* hurts the wallet. Thankfully she's kept a stash of money from when we gave ourselves "allowances" while I still worked at the bank, so it's coming from there:

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/neverfull-mm-monogram-007653

I don't get it, but okay.
You are lucky she is not a Hermes fan.
http://usa.hermes.com/leather/bags-and-luggage/for-day/configurable-product-c-jypsiere-75656.html?size_leather=S&color_hermes=BLEU PAON&nuance=1

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have the idiot dog trained well enough to run along side me on the bike. Unfortunately he is still a bit way too derpy to do it off the leash on trails. Gentle leader (AKA face leash) allows me to control him without getting pulled of the bike. A few miles of full tilt running on top of his normal walks/jogs should help calm him a bit, but experience tells me it will just make him stronger with a order of magnitude more energy if he isn't ran.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
25F, blowing snow - fuck it, I am gonna ride anyway.
I thought I could beat a thunderstorm for a short ride today but I did not... I was totally unprepared with no visor, finally had to just take my glasses off.

In other news I'm making pork chili burritos for dinner and breakfast and lunch until we get sick of it.