Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Off to training today. Manager signed me up last minute for a course that I don't meet the prerequisites for (not a programmer). This should be a grand waste of time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
looks like it's only going to hit 85 today which will be nice compared to the 106 of yesterday. Driver called in sick so I have a 5:30 am dialysis pick up to do, oh joy
your upper management now son....hire more peons.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 5:33 in my half ironman yesterday. 3900' of climbing on the bike (17.7 mph), and 1100' on the run (8:06 pace). Top 25% overall and in my age group. I'll never win my age group in races this big. I feel like I got run over by a bus.

'Sup.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Raining, we need some.
I'll second that.
:stupid:, though I'm not sure about the "we need some" part. We've had plenty already. I hope this summer is not a repeat of last summer's washout.

Have to admit though, the timing for it is good. I went to scout camp with my two boys this weekend. it was my youngest's (5 y.o.) first time sleeping in a tent, and it went super well despite the tent being too small (I'm going to need a 4-person tent). the weather was perfect, and the mosquitoes, though bountiful, weren't overly vicious for this time of year. still needed bug jackets (w hoods) and long pants to sit around the campfire, but it was cool out, and no one was excessively savaged. The boys had a total blast. The youngest was crying when I dropped him off at school this morning because he wanted to be camping... They rode bikes, swam, shot bows and arrows, climbed, played wildly, and just had a good time.

I got back in time for a quick ride before the rain set it. Managed a PR on a particularly rough DH track. In so doing, I beat a good buddy's time by 20 seconds (on a 6 minute segment). Neither of us take Strava seriously, but it's always good for a bit of banter! I'm loving the Vorsprung upgrades more and more every ride.

Rode into work this morning in the pouring rain. It's only 2.5 miles, but by the time I got to the office, my rubber boots each had about a 1/2 cup of water. Rubber boots and shorts aren't a great combo in heavy rain! I thought of wearing water sandals, but it was kind of cool out, so I opted for the rubber. I have to get my real commuter, the one with fenders, back up and running though. Swamp ass sucks.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
'Morning. 5:33 in my half ironman yesterday. 3900' of climbing on the bike (17.7 mph), and 1100' on the run (8:06 pace). Top 25% overall and in my age group. I'll never win my age group in races this big. I feel like I got run over by a bus.

'Sup.

I thinks it's important for the new breed of Monkeys to know you used to be cool... :rolleyes:

IAB.jpg

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys! Nothing new to report, although yesterday I went to the Home Depot to buy light bulbs and came home with this. I don't have that many tools but if I ever do I'll be set.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@stoney hey....you have the free tow within 300 miles with haggertys....correct?

my brother has his dart insured through them...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fork (lyric) suddenly feels like complete poop and isn't getting more than 2/3 travel. Do i have the dreaded SRAM need to bleed?

PS I'm blaming my massive high speed OTB on the fork

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
  1. Woke up on the right side of the dirt again
  2. Morning coffee is strong, and delicious
  3. Listening to some new-to-me tunes on Spotify (KNOWER)
  4. Just found out the lower half of one of my favorite area descents is being designated bike-only and DH-only for a year trial
  5. Picking up new bike today after lunch, and it's an even day

Today, is a good day.