Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work. Just taking Friday off felt like a week off; now back to the salt mine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
~34,000ft of descending over the weekend at Angel Fire.
Hands were wrecked by the end.
Would rather still be riding with wrecked hands than back at work this morning.

Wife wants to do a Whistler trip next year instead of AF. I've not DH'd there since 2014 and not been since we did the BC Bike Race in 2016....So that will be fun if we can make it happen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Day off to go riding after working both days this weekend. But then 4 full days in a row, boo.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Monday....you're always on time.

My kiddo started 6th grade today....I'm a wreck. I just don't know where the time went, and hope I always did enough to show him how much I care. I mean, I'm not dying or anything morbid like that....just thinking out loud, here.

I've got a busy week...gonna need some Wheaties.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkeys! I took the gold, silver and bronze in the weekend sleep Olympics. I know what you're thinking and, yes, I was doping heavy on muscle relaxers and opiates. I am such a lightweight 5 milligrams of hydrocodone knocks me out. I am considering yoga classes instead of PT although its possible that I am too fat to yoga.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've tried to go poop three times so far this morning and every time I make an attempt, someone is in the crapper stall. I shall make attempt numero 4 now. Whoever built this office with one shitter, is a shithead.

Good morning Monkeys! I took the gold, silver and bronze in the weekend sleep Olympics. I know what you're thinking and, yes, I was doping heavy on muscle relaxers and opiates. I am such a lightweight 5 milligrams of hydrocodone knocks me out. I am considering yoga classes instead of PT although its possible that I am too fat to yoga.
Does @I Are Baboon know about his defeat?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Gonna head out for a 2nd-breakfast ride. After I finish this bowl of frosted wheats and two entire peaches. :drool:

On the plus side - yet more additions to the Ikon Pass - Solitude unlimited, Brighton and Deer Valley - 5 days each.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Looking forward to my conversation with the manager post-Thursday's seizure. Going to go something along the lines of "stress causes my seizures, this is known. Your turning the screws is causing me excess stress, as can be exhibited by my seizure. I am still, by a notable amount, your best performing person. Remind me again why this additional pressure?" The formal FMLA/ADA claim is in place, so that's pretty much set in stone now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looking forward to my conversation with the manager post-Thursday's seizure. Going to go something along the lines of "stress causes my seizures, this is known. Your turning the screws is causing me excess stress, as can be exhibited by my seizure. I am still, by a notable amount, your best performing person. Remind me again why this additional pressure?" The formal FMLA/ADA claim is in place, so that's pretty much set in stone now.
give him an itemized invoice for your seizure and related expenses / difficulties.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
give him an itemized invoice for your seizure and related expenses / difficulties.
Unfortunately I don't get to back date the vacation I burned due to leaving early because of aura's (aka minor seizures). Going fwd I'm good though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

In an all day phone in meeting listening to a bunch of folks in a room and nobody is close enough to a mic to hear. I will pretend to care while I try to stay awake.

While it might be nice to be there in person, it is MO and I have little interest in being there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
8.5 mile run on saturday.
then walking all over the goddamned water park all day on sunday.
Today im knackered af x.X

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Good timing for our weekend ride, they're calling for 7" on the pass tonight, but perhaps that will help with fires near Ennis and allow for a second attempt at Wolverine basin (a much more fun shuttle...)

Drop in to line creek was uber scenic (car was parked just above the lake, visible in background) but nasty water bars on Maurice Creek descent harshed my mellow

I need to learn where trail for Corral Creek drops in from Plateau
IMG_20180827_120338.jpg

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Awesome ride ended after an hour because Derek broke his seatpost. Sooooo I added a less awesome ride on after we got back.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good timing for our weekend ride, they're calling for 7" on the pass tonight, but perhaps that will help with fires near Ennis and allow for a second attempt at Wolverine basin (a much more fun shuttle...)

Drop in to line creek was uber scenic (car was parked just above the lake, visible in background) but nasty water bars on Maurice Creek descent harshed my mellow

I need to learn where trail for Corral Creek drops in from PlateauView attachment 130170
II'l be back to MT sometime, been there two years in a row already so I need to spread some love around. This is on the list.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Crest trail on Saturday. Crest proper was a complete gongshow (expected) - but once on Starvation all was right with the world again... except for this one stand of aspens. WTF, aspens? It's fucking August for fuck's sake.

Crest1.jpg
Starvation1.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

I need to learn where trail for Corral Creek drops in from PlateauView attachment 130170
Hunh, I didn't mind the water bars so much, they were good bunnyhopportunities!
Cushier bike and tires, though...