Quantcast

***MOANDERP GMT***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Snowed in. Boys did lower Flash of gold to Spring Creek. They are just about to open a Spring Creek DH that parallels the existing SC.

This is professional advice.
Tied in with everything else it would make for an epic loop. When I was there they were working on upper Flash of Gold, making singletrack reroute to avoid some average double-t.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I might have just been chased out of he forest by a coyote....I need new underwear.

Hiked in and was clearing a tree by hand and then it got dark. I heard one dog way too damn close. Kept the saw at ready...

It was a good hike in, though. :panic:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
board plane to go home: check
sit and wait for an hour: check
get told by pilot they got the wrong plane and this one isn’t meant to fly full from this runway: check
deplane and wait for new plane: check
DAMMIT SQUEEB. :panic:
i just want to get airborne and get mah drink!!!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went to look at a vehicle listed on the dealers website, get told that it's actually sold despite the website saying available. Can't custom order until January and then we'd likely have a 12 month wait before we received it.:thumbsdown:

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Saw a McLaren cruising on the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way home from “jury duty ride” today. Pretty cool. Not sure which model but it was going about 20 Mph and the brightest yellow color I’ve ever seen. I wanted to turn around and follow, but Mrs. Dirtrider wasn’t on board with that idea.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FTS is high. Multiple kids, especially age-gapped, are frustrating. Whole bunch of ideas I dropped to do yesterday afternoon were all shut down because of the baby making them difficult to do. I'm really close to just taking Haley out to do stuff because she shouldn't get stuffed because the baby.

Seems like a problem a few empty cardboard boxes and some sticks could fix.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heh... what I figured out is the oversize luggage limit only applies to the specific classes of luggage listed on their site. So therefore, I will show up with my oversize luggage and claim it is an item not listed on their site, i.e. a tradeshow booth. luckily, my Evoc bike bag does not say "bike case" on it. So I will pay the $200 oversize luggage fee, and hope it works!

My backup plan is a 2-wheel bag I bought from MEC (can return if not used) and my large suitcase. The bike will have to travel in two separate pieces of luggage, which sucks, but if it's my only option... I'll just have to risk it. I plan to show up an hour early at the check-in counter, and if they refuse to accept the Evoc bike bag, I will transfer the transfer the frame and fork into the suitcase, and the wheels will go into their own bag. I'll have to separate the front and rear triangle and pull the fork off to get it to fit in the suitcase, but I don't think that should take too long. Not an ideal situation, but it's good to have a back-up plan imo.

I successfully used the "trade-show" ruse for several flights to L.A. I have also doctored measurement rules, printed them out and presented fraudulent rules to the airline employee as proof my luggage was within the limits. They don't give two shits.